1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Mobile network won't connect

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by RichAggie, Jun 24, 2010.

1. RichAggie

RichAggie Member

Apr 29, 2010
    Is anyone else having issues connecting to mobile network?

I'm running Fresh 2.1.2. My network hasn't connected any today. I can't even toggle the mobile network widget. When I go to Settings > Wireless, Mobile network is grayed our and it says "Turning on..." below it.

I saw in another thread to cycle the network off and on. I have to do this through a long press on the power button, but it doesn't ever connect.

Is this a phone issue, or could there be network problems in my area?

Advertisement

2. RichAggie

RichAggie Member

Apr 29, 2010
    I flashed a different radio and it fixed the problem. I don't know what caused it though. I haven't changed any settings in quite a while.

3. androidtp

androidtp Well-Known Member

Dec 15, 2009
    Houston, Texas
    next time it happens, try turning airplane mode on then off. that should always do the trick

4. tatonka_Hero

tatonka_Hero Well-Known Member

Nov 12, 2009
    Student/Engineer
    Minnesota
    or reboot. It happens occasionally, very rarely though. I think the widget has a bit of a bug where if you turn the widget on, then try to turn it off before it connects, it crashes/freezes. Or, it's just a slightly buggy process in general.

Cycling airplane mode, or just plain rebooting will fix it.

5. RichAggie

RichAggie Member

Apr 29, 2010
    I tried airplane mode and power cycling. Neither worked. I don't know what the issue was, but I'm glad I changed radios. I went to a slightly older one (2.41.05.02.03) and am getting much better reception at home.

6. Aftermath

Aftermath Member

Jan 11, 2011
    New York
    thanx guys for the help i just had this problem and toggled threw airplane mode and worked like a charm.

Tags: