1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Mobile Network won't connect?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Jim85IROC, May 17, 2011.

1. Jim85IROC

Jim85IROC Newbie

Hi,
    I've had my HTC Inspire for exactly one week now. I've been enjoying the hell out of it, but now as of this morning, none of my data works. I went into the settings and the Mobile Network line is greyed out and below it it just says "turning on..."

I've toggled in and out of Airplane mode a bunch of times, and cycled power on the phone a couple times too, yet the problem remains.

Service is ok, and I'm in the same location where it's worked up until today, so I don't think it's a signal strength problem.

The only thing different from yesterday (when it worked in the same spot) is that I installed a wifi signal strength app last night. I can't imagine that impacting anything, but who knows.

Any suggestions?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Jim85IROC

Jim85IROC Newbie

Just wanted to follow up here... I took it back to the sales guy at Radio Shack and he said he encountered the same issue with his Atrix. He said that sometimes it's necessary to remove all of the "remembered" wi-fi entries. He did that, reset the SIM card and rebooted my phone, and that straightened it out. Hopefully I won't have to keep doing this... re-entering my wep key every time I want to use my wifi is going to get old fast.

3. striketrue

striketrue Member

Had this problem a few times, it eventually goes back to normal. It was annoying as hell though