1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Mobile Odin Anyone?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Krowbarr, Dec 19, 2012.

1. Krowbarr

Krowbarr Well-Known Member

Is anyone using Mobile Odin Pro to flash? If so are there any problems? Thanks.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Codegerm

Codegerm Android Expert

I have it, Haven't played with it too much yet as I often Odin via PC, but I understand that it works well. Next time I flash something I am gonna use it.

Krowbarr likes this.
  3. DragonSlayer95

DragonSlayer95 Resident Air Bender

I've got it, but only use it to reflash agat recovery.

Only flash roms vis recovery or pc Odin when required.

DS

Krowbarr likes this.
  4. Krowbarr

Okay,I just want to use it to flash a custom kernel. I don't have a PC at the moment. Also right now I'm on stock recovery so does that matter when flashing with Mobile Odin?

5. mholloway

mholloway Android Expert

I read some where not to flash modems with mobile Odin I use it to flash agat recovery too.

Krowbarr likes this.
  6. Codegerm

Codegerm Android Expert

Flashing a kernel should work just fine Just make sure it is a kernel that is compatible with the ROM you have

7. DragonSlayer95

DragonSlayer95 Resident Air Bender

Exactly, make sure your not flashing a JB kernel while on ics or similar to that.

End result: oops :vroam:

DS

8. Krowbarr

I'm on the stock ROM but the point may be moot because I get a message that says "device not supported"?

9. Codegerm

Codegerm Android Expert

The BST in the model number is what is doing it I had them problem, but once I changed to FK23 the problem went away (my model number does not have BST in it anymore) You could try editing your build prop.

10. Krowbarr

Just remove the BST?

11. Krowbarr

Which line? ro.build.product?

Attached Files:

12. Codegerm

Codegerm Android Expert

Well make sure you have a recovery backup then I would say change it where ever you see the BST in the model number.

13. AprilThe20th

AprilThe20th Well-Known Member

I use mobile odin a lot.Its best for fast rom switching and booting into a custom recovery,the up side is it doesn't make your flash counter go up,and no triangle appears.Only down side to it is that it doesn't flash modems....

14. Codegerm

Codegerm Android Expert

yeah that is a downside. I wonder why. It is not like it is communicating with the tower while it is flashing.

Samsung Galaxy S2 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S2 release date was April 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4210 Dual processor, and 1650mAh battery.

April 2011
Release Date
Reviews