• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Mobile Version of AndroidForums.com

Rob

Galaxy S20 Ultra
News Moderator
Administrator
  • Mar 26, 2008
    androidforums.com
    You asked and we answered. When you visit AndroidForums.com from your mobile phone you should now see a MOBILE version of the website that is optimized for the content!

Please post comments, including bugs, errors and problems in this thread. We'll have to figure out how to best integrate things like groups, videos, photos, android market and stuff like that along the way.

Thanks for all who recommended/suggested/requested this... I think it'll be a great addition!

Edit: You may need to clear the cache on your phone.

N3TWORK BURN3R tried and said it worked... although he almost preferred the FULL site since G1 supports "full web browsing"... we COULD allow users to switch manually between themes instead of forcing one or the other... ?

Or, we could try to take the stripped down mobile version and try to pimp it out a little bit...

Upvote 0
    N3TWORK BURN3R tried and said it worked... although he almost preferred the FULL site since G1 supports "full web browsing"... we COULD allow users to switch manually between themes instead of forcing one or the other... ?

Or, we could try to take the stripped down mobile version and try to pimp it out a little bit...

When? Just curious, because after the original "can't view it" post on here I turned on some detections.

I like the idea of letting them choose, it would be quick loader, presumably just a page with two links - maybe even set it to remember what they choose.

Upvote 0
    It works well, if you login to the site on your phone you get the full site by default. scroll to the bottom left in the footer and hit the drop down that says "Phandroid Skin"

choose "AF Mobile" that will switch it to mobile site. and it should remember it VIA cookies for subsequent visits.

few things if I may

add a "standard site/skin" link to the bottom of the mobile skin so we can switch back if we want

remove the top 5 stats box from the mobile skin

add a little logo/header image to the mobile skin

my .02 :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones