• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Mobile Version of This Site

There is.

http://androidforums.com/lounge/27269-going-mobile.html#post187145

Hey, there is a mobile theme to this site. Its basically a cut down text version of the site optimised for mobile browsing. If you want to check it out do the following:

Go to the forum on your mobile.
Sign in and click User CP
user_cp.jpg

Click Edit options
edit_options.jpg

Select 'AF Mobile' At the very bottom
aafmobile.jpg

Upvote 0
I have done a cursory search for a mobile site for Android Forums, but have not found anything. I like Android Forums. I find the information useful and the people friendly and helpful. The only problem is that the site is not very friendly to my Eris. In order to view a page, I find myself scrolling both up and down and left to right.

If the admins of the site would develop a mobile site (maybe with the just the banner graphics, simpler layout, and possibly just showing the different forum and thread names), the site would a lot easier for me to browse on the run.

It's just an idea from the mind of a mad man. Take it for what it's worth.

Upvote 0
You can also just scroll down to the bottom of the site and select it from the drop down box there.

I do hope a new mobile theme choice becomes available. It's annoying how the top bars stretch and you always have to zoom in. It would be nice if each section and thread was more of a button rather then having to click the small links, zoom in or change font size.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones