1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Moboplayer audio out of sync

Discussion in 'Music & Media' started by MeMaria, Dec 21, 2013.

1. MeMaria

MeMaria Lurker
    None

Dec 21, 2013
    I searched a bit in google about this information,but it either didn't work or i didn't understood what people were talking about.My audio is out of sync.When i try to play a movie(it's nearly 2h long) the sound goes too fast from the beginning,when only the producers are showing.I read on a forum that "Default using soft-decoding" might help, but the sound only started going slower then needed(the person already spoke and the scene was at another action when i hear her voice speaking).So can someone help me?I can;t find a suitable method of solving this.

P.S. i have the codec for ARM V6VFP installed if that will be of any help

My phone is Orange San Francisco

Advertisement

2. SkyJackpot

SkyJackpot Android Enthusiast
    None

Oct 25, 2012
    If youre only looking for free video player then try searching for an application called "VLC Player" in the Google Play store if it works for your phone & try playing the video using VLC Player.

The movie might already be out of sync or if you're sure it isn't already out of sync then I know a video application called "MX Player" which will ply it but it's paid, although it has a free trial version separate from the paid version.

3. MeMaria

MeMaria Lurker
    None

Dec 21, 2013
    VLC is incompatible with my device and in MX player the sound is out of sync as well(it's to slow).I just played the movie on my pc and the sound was working fine,the characters were speaking when their mouth was opening.

4. argedion

argedion The TechnoFrog
    None

Jun 20, 2011
    The Infernal Swamp
    What is the specks on your phone? maybe it can't handle the video's?

5. MeMaria

MeMaria Lurker
    None

Dec 21, 2013
  6. MeMaria

MeMaria Lurker
    None

Dec 21, 2013
    Display
    Type AMOLED capacitive touchscreen, 256K colors
    Size 480 x 800 pixels, 3.5 inches (~267 ppi pixel density)
    Android 2.3.5
    Chipset Qualcomm MSM7227
    CPU 600 MHz ARM 11
    GPU Adreno 200
    Is this helpful?I'm not good with phones

7. MeMaria

MeMaria Lurker
    None

Dec 21, 2013
    I just downloaded the movie from youtube in 8 parts,with lower quality as well but the problem with the audio is still the same.Are there maybe other programs where i can watch movies that work on "weaker" phones.
    Players i tried: MX Player,HD Video Player,Android Video Player,Mobo Video Player ,Video Player,HD Video Player.All of them have the sound out of sync,even though when i play the movie on pc the audio is working fine

8. Spec2nirvash

VIP Member

Jul 19, 2011
    MA
    Hi MeMaria -

I'm not an expert on video codecs, but your phone and it's CPU, RAM limitations are a major factor in playback of certain video formats. If the specs you listed are accurate, that alone may in fact be the problem. Videos come in a variety of formats, such as .mkv, .MP4, .AVI, .3GP etc. You didn't list how much RAM (memory) your phone comes with, but seeing as it's a 600 MHz CPU, I'm willing to bet it's somewhere in the 512MB range which, paired together with a weaker CPU will not be sufficient to view most video formats, especially those from youTube or mkv containers due to the video compression rate.

I had the same problem with a similar phone; laggy audio, subtitles and sometimes no playback at all. After rooting, overclocking phone to 800 MHz, stripping bloatware and freeing up as much RAM as possible, I could get HD videos as well as netflix to play decently. But if you're stock, no root there is another way to get your videos to play but it involves more work.

There are video editing apps out there for your PC. I used Any Video Converter to reduce the video compression framerate as well as change the files to .avi format. Let's say the videos you downloaded play back at 30+ FPS (frames per second). If you reduce the framerate to 20-25 FPS your phone is more likely able to handle the playback. Reducing framerate will reduce video quality by some, and also reduces file size. It takes a few trys to get everything just right. My old LG Optimus was happy with videos converted to 23-25 fps using .avi format, using MX player (I think MX is best). I know it sounds like a lot involved but AVC is very easy to use once you play around with it for a bit. Your only other option is upgrade to a phone with stronger specs that can handle HQ video. :)

I hope that helps!

argedion likes this.
  9. Spec2nirvash

VIP Member

Jul 19, 2011
    MA
    Also, going into your phone settings/manage apps, you can try stopping running apps to free up memory and see if that helps any. I'm not familiar with MoboPlayer, but if you try MX again, changing to S/W decoder and tinkering with decoder settings can help out. There is a default settings reset if you forgot what you changed. You may be able to use these settings and fix the lag!

Anyway, if you decide that you want to try converting videos yourself, feel free to send me a PM if you need any help. Setting up the conversion profile that your phone can play back is the toughest part. After it's all set up it's just drag/drop from there and absolutely worth the time spent ;)

argedion likes this.
  10. MeMaria

MeMaria Lurker
    None

Dec 21, 2013
    I converted the file into avi.The sound problem remained both at mx/mobo player.Before the vieo start it always asks me to try using "Default using soft-decoding" which is only making the sound go even faster.I'm pretty sure that my phone is just to weak to resist this,will trying to convert the movie to a lower quality make it easier for him?(the interval between the sound and action now is like 3-5 seconds)

11. Spec2nirvash

VIP Member

Jul 19, 2011
    MA
    Simply changing the video format probably won't be enough. You will need to adjust a few things in any video you try to play. You can try this using a .MP4 or .AVI container:

Try these settings:

Video Codec: x264
    Video Bitrate: 768
    Video Framerate: 23.976

Video Frame Size: 720x480 <--- This is important!! Your phone has an 800x480 resolution, you need to make sure the converted video resolution does not exceed your phone's capability in any aspect, otherwise video will lag and appear grainy. 720x480 should play on your phone, and that number will match the aspect ratio on most common video frame sizes.

Audio Codec: aac
    Audio Bitrate: 128
    Sample Rate: 44100

Convert, send to SD card and try playing. If you still have audio/video issues, try dropping the settings to the next lower option. Don't change the settings on a converted video; discard the converted vid, start fresh with the original unconverted video and try the lowered settings on that instead.

argedion likes this.
  12. mikedt

mikedt 你好

Sep 22, 2010
    Teachaaa
    Jinan, China
    Is this a non-branded or off-brand Chinese phone? i.e. not a Samsung or HTC or anything known. Because it could well be a design issue with the hardware, and the sound will go out of sync no matter what video player app you use. I've seen it happen. If it is a hardware problem, nothing much you can do about it, except RMA it, for a refund preferably.

argedion likes this.
  13. Spec2nirvash

VIP Member

Jul 19, 2011
    MA
    Mikedt, its a rebranded first edition ZTE Blade. There is root and CM7 available for it, which would help but carries the risk of bricking. In my experiences, if the video will play fine on a PC, in most cases it can be reworked to play on just about anything that has video playback capabilities. If I can take a 1280x720 HD .mkv with subtitles and rework it to play smoothly on a crappy Huawei M835, I'm sure the ZTE, having double the RAM, can handle it as well :)

argedion and mikedt like this.
  14. MeMaria

MeMaria Lurker
    None

Dec 21, 2013
    I uploaded today the converted movie into my mobile(with the changed settings) but the image only got worse.I will just find someone to root my phone so that it will play the movies better.Thank you for trying to help^^