1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

[MOD]App2External_SD (Fixed Duplicate files)

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by androidguy1991, Nov 30, 2013.

1. androidguy1991

Hello everyone,

No more duplicates! Everything is fixed! =)

I had to modify the script again.
    Re-download 11extsd2internalsd
    Start with step 7 if you already have this installed.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. MrGlowy

MrGlowy Android Enthusiast

IMO, this works better than the Links2SD. I tried the links one first and tried installing Asphalt 7 but it kept telling me insufficient storage. With this method, I installed it with no problem.

hubsabubs and jjfad like this.
  3. jjrx3

jjrx3 Android Enthusiast

thanks will try it on saturday.. is there some kind of video that will show me the process? Im kind of a noob when it comes to doing this kind of stuff.

4. jjfad

jjfad Member

I've completed steps 1-13 without a hitch. But what do we do next? Are any apps installed at this point automatically installed to the external SD card? (If I go to Settings > Apps, it still says that I have something like 200MB internal storage. Then I installed an app and it says I have 172MB remaining...) Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks for posting this. If I can get it to work that would be super awesome.

5. MrGlowy

For me, internal says I have 14gbs. Did you reboot?

jjfad likes this.
  6. MrGlowy

See

Attached Files:

jjfad likes this.
  7. jjfad

jjfad Member

Hmm, I did reboot in step #13. After reading your post, I rebooted again. Still not showing the ~14GB or so I should be seeing. Even after my phone completes the "scanning media files on SD card..." I am still not seeing the expanded storage.

Should I just do a factory reset, start over, and install this mod first thing before installing any apps?

8. MrGlowy

Is your micro sd formatted as fat32? I had mine as ext2 and it didn't work.

jjfad likes this.
  9. jjfad

jjfad Member

Fat32. Until now I've been using link2sd with no issues.

10. jjrx3

jjrx3 Android Enthusiast

went ahead and did it.. kind of simple to follow thanks! BTW do you have to keep Smanager installed?

PROOF: [​IMG]

Attached Files:

jjfad likes this.
  11. MrGlowy

Is partitioned right? Maybe delete the partitions so it'll just be one. I had mine partitioned and I deleted it before I did this. Other than that, I don't know what to say.

jjfad likes this.
  12. MrGlowy

Off topic. I want to thank jjrx3 for modaco, I had been looking for a nav bar because I feel like I press the home button too hard. Thanks

13. jjfad

jjfad Member

Ah. Maybe that's the problem. Will try that tomorrow and report back. Thanks so much btw for helping me troubleshoot!

14. jjrx3

jjrx3 Android Enthusiast

i told you about UDN but i found out about this last night and was giving it a whirl before i recommended it to someone...

MrGlowy likes this.
  15. MrGlowy

No problem. I'll check on this thread tomorrow.

jjfad likes this.
  16. elgecko

elgecko Android Enthusiast

Very interesting.

Using Link2SD and GL to SD now.
    I'd like to have more space, but I kind of dread the thought of redoing everything.....

17. IsHaunted

IsHaunted Lurker

I am having the same problem. I am wondering if apps still install to the internal storage. It seems this swaps the external and internal sd card. Since the data folder where the apps are installed is not located in the internal sd card folder this may be why this is happening. This is not confirmed and there is a good chance i am wrong.

jjfad likes this.
  18. jjfad

jjfad Member

Hmm. So I erased my micro SD card, deleted the partitions, and reformatted (as FAT32). Redid steps #1-13 just to make sure. Now when I go to Settings > Storage, I can see that under "internal storage" the capacity of the SD card (16GB, but some ~15GB actually available) is listed. But when I go to Settings > Apps, at the bottom of the screen I am still seeing the F3's pitiful internal storage listed (e.g., ~200MB free, 1.1GB used).

19. jjfad

jjfad Member

This is weird. I thought that this mod was supposed to swap internal for external and vice versa. But if I go to Settings > Storage, then I do see 16GB under "internal storage". However right below that under "SD card" I also see 16GB. What am I doing wrong? I really, really, really want this mod to work :)

20. MrGlowy

Same for me. But look. I have asphalt and that takes up a lot of space.

Attached Files:

21. MrGlowy

Seems like files are duplicated. I took one picture. Rebooted. Then there were two copies, one on SD card and the other on internal.

LogosA likes this.
  22. jjfad

jjfad Member

Huh. Not sure why mine isn't working. When I try to install apps (small ones, like 40mb) I get the out of storage space error message. Will keep tinkering to see I can figure this out.

I really like the F3. The camera isn't fantastic but it suits my needs. So the memory limitation is really the only thing that I need to feel like this is a great phone!

23. jjfad

jjfad Member

What does this mean- does this mean you have to then delete the copy on internal? Thanks!

24. MrGlowy

Not sure. I deleted the ones that were supposedly on the internal, rebooted. Both copies just show a broken image.

jjfad likes this.
  25. MrGlowy

Hope we can get this sorted out.

Attached Files:

LogosA and jjfad like this.

LG Optimus F3 Forum

The LG Optimus F3 release date was June 2013. Features and Specs include a 4.0" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1GB RAM, Snapdragon 400 processor, and 2460mAh battery.

June 2013
Release Date
Reviews