• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [MOD][BETA] Visual Voicemail for cm11

SuperR

Android Expert
Recognized Developer
Aug 23, 2010
Invisible
DOWNLOAD REMOVED UNTIL I FIGURE OUT WHAT IS WRONG WITH IT. PLEASE SEE POST #14 BELOW FOR MANUAL INSTALL INSTRUCTIONS

DISCLAIMER: Feel free to use...at your own risk ;)

This flashable zip gives you visual voicemail on cm11. It probably works on all the cm based roms but has not been tested. At the moment, you can't listen to the messages from the vvm app. I have not figured out why just yet. However, you will at least have proper voicemail notifications. I included an app called aFirewall to stop the annoying 9016 text messages. It will be setup properly by default.

*Please pay careful attention to the installation instructions. There is not a typo, you will be flashing the same zip twice*

If you have installed vtt-boost.apk since the last time you wiped data, please flash cm11_warp2_VVM_prep.zip first, then proceed to the installation.

Installation Instructions:

1. Download cm11_warp2_VVM_with_fix.zip to your sdcard
  2. reboot to cwm recovery
  3. install cm11_warp2_VVM_with_fix from sdcard
  4. reboot system (it will take a while)
  5. open voicemail app, agree to the things
  6. reboot to recovery
  7. install cm11_warp2_VVM_with_fix from sdcard
  8. reboot system (it will take a while)
  9. open aFirewall, click ok at the warning, click yes at Change SMS app, click home.
  10. Enjoy :)

NOTE: Use the "Default Messaging" icon instead of "Messaging". This is for aFirewall to be able to block the 9016 text messages. It looks just like stock messaging. If anyone finds a better solution to blocking these annoying texts, feel free to post. The voicemail app works fine without aFirewall, but then you get vvm and text notifications.

I have a problem...I was trying at one time to mess with the voicemail and try to get it to work and now i get 9016 messages and i also get a text message from the number who left me a voicemail notifying me of the voicemail wiping data doesnt seem to stop it. It says sprint voice blah blah blah...so now i get two texts to notify me of voicemail ugh

Upvote 0
I have a problem...I was trying at one time to mess with the voicemail and try to get it to work and now i get 9016 messages and i also get a text message from the number who left me a voicemail notifying me of the voicemail wiping data doesnt seem to stop it. It says sprint voice blah blah blah...so now i get two texts to notify me of voicemail ugh

Flash the vvm prep zip, and follow the instructions in the OP. Should sort it out.

Upvote 0
also wiping the cache in cwm freezes now i believe its from installing this fix b/c i've never seen this happen before

This fix formats cache among other things. VVM works for me when I follow the instructions listed in the OP without doing any extra steps. Keep in mind that it may not work for anyone else as is lol. I have not tested it on any phones but mine.

Upvote 0
This fix formats cache among other things. VVM works for me when I follow the instructions listed in the OP without doing any extra steps. Keep in mind that it may not work for anyone else as is lol. I have not tested it on any phones but mine.

Im trying to do it at work so not taking my time too much, sneaking around lol...i'll figure it out lol

Upvote 0
Have you tried this way of blocking super?

Here is a tip for turning off those annoying messages about voicemail from 9016:

Send a text message to 9999 with the follow: "BLOCK 9016" (without quotes)

you should get a message back telling you that all messages to and from 9016 are blocked.

Also, this works for any number or 4 digit short code you want block. Dont use dashes though

**It might stop the message from getting to Visual Voicemail but not sure...type unblock 9016 to 9999 to allow messages again

I just notice if you use the "default messaging app" you dont get the expanded notification in the notification drawer and i like that.

Upvote 0
Have you tried this way of blocking super?

Here is a tip for turning off those annoying messages about voicemail from 9016:

Send a text message to 9999 with the follow: "BLOCK 9016" (without quotes)

you should get a message back telling you that all messages to and from 9016 are blocked.

Also, this works for any number or 4 digit short code you want block. Dont use dashes though

**It might stop the message from getting to Visual Voicemail but not sure...type unblock 9016 to 9999 to allow messages again
I read about it, but did not try it because blocking 9016 messages altogether will stop vvm from working. Feel free to try it as I don't care for the current method very much.

Upvote 0
also wiping the cache in cwm freezes now i believe its from installing this fix b/c i've never seen this happen before

This happened to me as well. I pulled the zip for now.

If you are still having trouble with your cache partition, all I did to fix it was restore my b13 backup. It failed when it got to /cache but boot, system, and data were fine and it booted right up. After that, rebooting into cwm allowed me to format cache as normal. Sorry for the trouble. Hopefully I will get it sorted soon.

Upvote 0
This happened to me as well. I pulled the zip for now.

If you are still having trouble with your cache partition, all I did to fix it was restore my b13 backup. It failed when it got to /cache but boot, system, and data were fine and it booted right up. After that, rebooting into cwm allowed me to format cache as normal. Sorry for the trouble. Hopefully I will get it sorted soon.

Yeah I got it sorted out I had to go back to b13 also...... It was no trouble just happy you're trying to get it to work :) thanks man

Upvote 0
In the meantime, here are instructions to get it working manually. Keep in mind that you still can't play the vm's from the app.

You will need:
cwm recovery
nandroid manager
root file manager
stock cwm backup with working vvm
some time

Prep:
you will need to extract data.ext4.tar.a from your stock cwm backup. If you rename it to data.ext4.tar, you should be able to extract it with 7-zip or winrar. You need the /data/data/com.coremobility.app.vnotes directory. Make sure you also have the stock backup in the /sdcard/clockworkmod/backup directory for use with nandroid manager.

How-to:
1. Clean up old install of vvm
Open root file manager and delete the following files
Code:
/system/app/vtt-boost.apk
/data/data/com.coremobility.app.vnotes 
/data/data/com.android.providers.telephony/databases/telephony.db-journal
/data/data/com.android.providers.telephony/databases/telephony.db

2. Open nandroid manager and restore the Voicemail app + data from your stock cwm backup.

3. Reboot to recovery
wipe /cache
wipe dalvik cache
reboot device

4. Open voicemail app and let it verify your account. Click through the prompts but don't do anything else.

5. Open root file manager
copy the following directories from the extracted com.coremobility.app.vnotes over the files that now exist in /data/data/com.coremobility.app.vnotes/
Code:
databases
files
shared_prefs
Delete the following files again
Code:
/data/data/com.android.providers.telephony/databases/telephony.db-journal
/data/data/com.android.providers.telephony/databases/telephony.db

6. Reboot to recovery
wipe /cache
wipe dalvik cache
reboot device

7. Enjoy :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones