• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Mod] Boot Animation: D*amn Small Linux Boot Animation for DX

Steven58

Former Heavyweight Champion of AF-Early Bird Club
Feb 19, 2010
USA
Credit to Daali at MyDroidWorld

http://www.mydroidworld.com/forums/droid-x-themes/5361-d-amn-small-linux-bootanimation-droid-x.html

732d1288667813-d-amn-small-linux-bootanimation-droid-x-daali_dsl_bootanimation.gif

Bon Apetit!

Reactions: GrandMasterB
woops! Fixed. Thanks for the heads up!

Hey, no problem...was/is there a thread for the TBH: Droid 3G Hotspot NVRAM Hack article (it was/is pretty cool...did you read it?). I knew about some of this already since Paul Kopalek (pkopalek) had posted instructions for removing the "dun" from the equivalent area for the HTC Droid Eris, but I didn't know if this was available for the Droid X.

Anyway, don't mean to jack the original intent of the thread, but opposing counsel already opened this line of questioning--am I right, your Honor? ;) :D

Cheers!

Upvote 0
Hey, no problem...was/is there a thread for the TBH: Droid 3G Hotspot NVRAM Hack article (it was/is pretty cool...did you read it?). I knew about some of this already since Paul Kopalek (pkopalek) had posted instructions for removing the "dun" from the equivalent area for the HTC Droid Eris, but I didn't know if this was available for the Droid X.

Anyway, don't mean to jack the original intent of the thread, but opposing counsel already opened this line of questioning--am I right, your Honor? ;) :D

Cheers!

I apologize, I had copied an pasted the link for someone else's benefit on XDA and didn't put the new url in correctly. I didn't mean to open up the issue in this thread. The hack is readily available in TBH app, from P3Droid. I don't use it and don't need it ...but..

... will all do respect, let's keep the thread about the boot animation ongoing as it is really nice for the linux geeks among us. Enjoy!

Reactions: scary alien
Upvote 0
I apologize, I had copied an pasted the link for someone else's benefit on XDA and didn't put the new url in correctly. I didn't mean to open up the issue in this thread. The hack is readily available in TBH app, from P3Droid. I don't use it and don't need it ...but..

... will all do respect, let's keep the thread about the boot animation ongoing as it is really nice for the linux geeks among us. Enjoy!

No problem and thank you! Now, I just have to sign-up at mydroidworld so I can see all the details re. the boot animation (I'm not authorized :( right now)...which is why I looked in this thread in the first place. :)

Cheers!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones