1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

[MOD] Bootanimations

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by rbheromax, Dec 13, 2013.

1. rbheromax

rbheromax Android Expert

Lets get rid of ZTE's stupid boot animation...
    flash this:
    http://d-h.st/q7h

it installs a HTC One boot animation and custom boot animation binary. Enjoy :D

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. cooldudezach

cooldudezach Android Enthusiast

How is the bootanimation binary different than the stock one?

3. cooldudezach

4. rbheromax

rbheromax Android Expert

mind if i add your link to OP?

5. rbheromax

rbheromax Android Expert

Its from Gingerbread and doesn't support downanimations and has less of a footprint (even though stock one barely has a footprint lol)

6. aoeui

aoeui Newbie

For some reason I don't get this boot animation. Is it because I am not on their mobile plan?

7. cooldudezach

Go for it. I figure we can use it for a list of bootanimations :)

Cool. :) The stock one doesn't support downanimations, I think. The only downanimation on my device is appended with _sprint.
    Question: What plays the bootsound? Is that also the job of the bootanimation binary?

Do you just get the stock android bootanimation when turning on your phone, or what? Also, which bootanimation are you trying to use?

8. rbheromax

rbheromax Android Expert

i think the bootani binary controls sound...i could be wrong

9. aoeui

aoeui Newbie

w/e that ugly virgin mobile one is I have never seen it on boot is what I'm saying

10. cooldudezach

I didn't get it until I activated the phone on the network. Until then, it just said 'android' while booting.

11. nightbreed813

nightbreed813 Member

I didn't mind the android boot animation so I just deleted the others and it went back to that.

12. colossus3874

colossus3874 Well-Known Member

I download bootanimations from Romtoolbox Pro, rename them and replace the stock file. Some need resized but it works well so far

13. Dwitm

Dwitm Member

Where in the filesystem are the boot animation stored?

14. dragonhart6505

dragonhart6505 Android Expert

15. Dwitm

Dwitm Member

Ok thanks.I tried changing the boot animation with an app I downloaded but it didn't work so I need to change it manually I guess

16. dragonhart6505

Yes, apps look for bootanimation.zip, ours is bootanimation_virgin.zip you can also delete the other two in there

Dwitm likes this.
  17. /system/etc/Bootsound_virgin.ogg
    just do a rename and add .bak to the end. *et viola*

edit: just realized you were looking for where the animation, not the sound, is located. But for anyone else looking to disable that obnoxious sound, nobody has mentioned it yet.

rbheromax likes this.
  18. kaytin143

kaytin143 Newbie

Don't mean to sound like a complete noob (which I am), but how do I change the virgin mobile animation? I downloaded you link rb and changed it to the stock name and moved my current stock vm animation folder somewhere self, but instead of showing an animation it just shows that default 'android' loading screen. Instructions to this new newbie please :)

19. dragonhart6505

Then you did it right...thats all this is.
    If you want a custom boot ani, look for any bootanimation online that is 480x800. Them rename it appropriately and stick it in the folder.

20. kaytin143

kaytin143 Newbie

but wasn't it supposed to show an htc animation..?

21. dragonhart6505

I think he changed it or it wasnt working initially. I could be wrong, but you did do it right

22. JHell

JHell Android Enthusiast

/system/media/bootanimation_virgin.zip is the boot animation. Just use root explorer and add a 1 in front of the stock one then copy and paste the new one and rename it bootanimation_virgin.zip then youll have what u want

23. kaytin143

kaytin143 Newbie

I got it. Your right I did do everything right, except for the fact that i had to go inside the file and get the 'actual' bootanimation.zip and change it into bootanimation_virgin.zip. Figured this out by comparing the files in stock boots and the custom boot lol. Thanks guys.

24. roadkill42

roadkill42 Android Expert

i tryied what u said got no sound and andriod boot instead of the glowing android its what i used on my venture not knowing why wont work:banghead::banghead: its one that drac did for one of his roms i like it would love to have it on this phone any ideads?

25. modhatter6811

modhatter6811 Android Enthusiast

kind of the same topic, but does anyone know where the splash image is? It wouldnt be this logo.bmp in the home directory would it? And if so, could I just swap it out for any bmp thats at 480x800?
    [​IMG]

ZTE Awe Forum

The ZTE Awe release date was Q2 2007. Features and Specs include a 4.13" inch screen, 0.1MP camera, 128GB RAM, and processor.

Q2 2007
Release Date
Reviews