• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [MOD] Carrier IQ Remover 3.2 Final (10/26/11)

Ok everything keeps stopping on my phone. I cant even get into file expert to remove the dalvik cache. Ok after doing both a factory wipe and clearing davlik cache I am getting a bootloop with version 2.0. I have shabbymod 0.9 full installed so I should be fine there.

did you ever use the first version and did it give you any problems?

Upvote 0
try flashing this CIQDisabler.zip let me know if it works, doesn't remove ciq but it disables it from starting

I tried flashing the simple blue no IQ...It just bootlooped me..If I flash the 2.0 and then the simple blue would it still wipe the 2.0?

I want to congratulate you Bloodawn, for putting this together in a theme...also for my first ever bootloop :p

will post what follows my flashing!

Upvote 0
I tried flashing the simple blue no IQ...It just bootlooped me..If I flash the 2.0 and then the simple blue would it still wipe the 2.0?

I want to congratulate you Bloodawn, for putting this together in a theme...also for my first ever bootloop :p

will post what follows my flashing!

yeah, flashing simple blue over 2.0 would overwrite it

did you try flashing the regular simple blue first then flashing the nociq version? that fixes the bootloop for most people.

Reactions: J6Remy
Upvote 0
I'm having a hard time following this thread.

I first tried using the CIQRemover2.0 from the phone I'd been using for a few days... boot loop.

So I Odin'ed (EE14 ROOTED VERSION WITH CWM AND HROARKERNEL). Tried the CIQRemover2.0. Boot loop.

Odin again. Shabbymod 0.9 was used and then CIQRemover2.0 flashed. Boot loop.

Odin again. Shabbymod 0.9 then just tried SimpleBlue 4.0 instead of trying to do CIQRemover2.0 because SB4 has CIQRemover2.0 built into it. Boot loop.

Odin again. Shabbymod 0.9 and flashed SB 3.1 from CWM, everything booted fine and so went back to CWM to flash 4.0. Boot loop.

Went back into CWM and flashed 3.1 again (without Odining before hand) worked again. Back into the phone... but no CIQ removed.

Someone help me out here. Or am I doomed to live with CIQ?

Upvote 0
I am beginning to wonder if there is something conflicting somewhere. My phone takes the CIQ removal just fine, my fiances phone (both actually) dislikes it 100%. Any single file modded from the set (Prevail PW mod actually) causes boot loop OR if not upon boot pretty much everything says it has to FC.

I'm working on a new version of the ciq remover. I found alot more of it buried within other frameworks and some random files on the phone. The parts of it still on the phone might be what causes the bootloops for some

I had it completely removed but my phone would either loop or it would boot up but restart the second i pressed a button, So i gotta start over :(

Upvote 0
Sup Blood! Tried This Out.. Didnt Work Out For Me.. Def Think Its The CIQ Remover.. Havent Been Able To Get That Removed @ All...

I Tried It With The Simple Cool Blue Theme U Posted.. Theme Does Load Up, Which Is Pretty Official.. But Then It Just Force Closes Almost Everything Once I Unlock....

Tried Dalvik Wiping & Factory Also.. Same Result.....

Good Work By The Way..

Upvote 0
Sup Blood! Tried This Out.. Didnt Work Out For Me.. Def Think Its The CIQ Remover.. Havent Been Able To Get That Removed @ All...

I Tried It With The Simple Cool Blue Theme U Posted.. Theme Does Load Up, Which Is Pretty Official.. But Then It Just Force Closes Almost Everything Once I Unlock....

Tried Dalvik Wiping & Factory Also.. Same Result.....

Good Work By The Way..

Yea I'm working on some stuff right now that if i get it done should fix those problems

The force closes should stop after following what Addacus said in the thread

1. Odin to EE14 with CWM and HK 1.2
2. Factory data reset
3. Flash Shabby 0.9
4. Flash Simple Blue 3.1
5. Boot Phone and let it run through the motions.
6. Reboot into CWM and flash 4.0

Upvote 0
Yea I'm working on some stuff right now that if i get it done should fix those problems

The force closes should stop following Addacus said in the thread

1. Odin to EE14 with CWM and HK 1.2
2. Factory data reset
3. Flash Shabby 0.9
4. Flash Simple Blue 3.1
5. Boot Phone and let it run through the motions.
6. Reboot into CWM and flash 4.0

I followed these steps yesterday and mine is running flawlessly ! The only thing I did differently was I made a back-up using CWM after the second step . Thanx again Blood ! :D

Upvote 0
I'm having a problem getting CIQ Remover 2.0 to work properly. I have "HROARKERNEL 1.2 and CWM rev 4" installed as well as Shabbymod 0.9. After I reboot from installing ciq remover in cwm, things start crashing like Clock and Email and Gmail processes. I cleared dalvik cache. Any ideas what's going on here?

Everything is freshly installed too using odin too so everything should be default (not messed with me) settings that you get after flashing with hroarks odin images.

Upvote 0
Is use Royal Android v4.1 theme (sorry) and want to incorporate this into that theme. How can I accomplish this?

Thanks in advance.

Only thing you'd be able to do is copy the androidmanifest.xml from the framework-res.apk in this to the theme's. It will stop the ciq service

I'm having a problem getting CIQ Remover 2.0 to work properly. I have "HROARKERNEL 1.2 and CWM rev 4" installed as well as Shabbymod 0.9. After I reboot from installing ciq remover in cwm, things start crashing like Clock and Email and Gmail processes. I cleared dalvik cache. Any ideas what's going on here?

Everything is freshly installed too using odin too so everything should be default (not messed with me) settings that you get after flashing with hroarks odin images.

you could try flashing simple blue 3.1 then the ciq remover and see if that fixes it. if it doesn't i'd just wait till i update it

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones