• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [MOD] Carrier IQ Remover 3.2 Final (10/26/11)

That seemed to do the trick. At least no more crashing, not sure how to test if the ciq removal worked. I even went and installed Simple Green 4.0 which looks very nice so far.

I also noticed that the answer to my question was already posted, but the term they were using was force closing and it didn't occur to me that that was the same thing that was happening to me. Sorry for basically asking what was already answered. But thanks for replying anyway!

Upvote 0
Version 3.0
Completely removed CIQ
Files edited
-framework-res.apk
-framework.jar
-services.jar
-ext.jar
-sec_feature.jar
-Contacts.apk
Files removed
-libiq_service.so
-iqmsd

Clear your dalvik cache after flashing

Bootloops may be fixed, but if you get one flash version 3.1 of my theme first then this

Upvote 0
Version 3.0
Completely removed CIQ
Files edited
-framework-res.apk
-framework.jar
-services.jar
-ext.jar
-sec_feature.jar
-Contacts.apk
Files removed
-libiq_service.so
-iqmsd

Clear your dalvik cache after flashing

Bootloops may be fixed, but if you get one flash version 3.1 of my theme first then this

Hi, I was running Shabbymod-9 while flashing version 3.0. I followed your instructions.

Installation:
1) Copy the zip to your sdcard
2) Boot into CWM and select install zip from sdcard
3) select choose zip from sdcard
4) select the mod
5) select Yes
6) After it is done installing Press back button
7) Select Reboot System Now

Also before rebooting I cleared the davik cache.

I

Upvote 0
Hi, I was running Shabbymod-9 while flashing version 3.0. I followed your instructions.

Installation:
1) Copy the zip to your sdcard
2) Boot into CWM and select install zip from sdcard
3) select choose zip from sdcard
4) select the mod
5) select Yes
6) After it is done installing Press back button
7) Select Reboot System Now

Also before rebooting I cleared the davik cache.

I

Reactions: Bandaid
Upvote 0
Gonna finish a smoke and try it out. I'll keep you posted. Oh yeah, thank you!

This is strange for me. I flashed your theme blue3.1. Gorgeous – God bless you and your knowledge of doing things. I then flashed Carrier IQ Remover 3.0 and it took. But this is what puzzles me. I lost your theme as it went back to the stock theme. Can I re-flash your blue3.1? Also, I went to Settings/Application Settings/Running Services and can’t find the IQ Agent that was there. Thank you, Thank you, and Thank you.

Upvote 0
I noticed your blue 4.0 has the IQ Remover added. So restored to Shabbymod-9 and installed blue 4.0 and its boot looping. I since went back to Shabbymod-9, added Blue 3.1 and then IQ Remover. IQ agent is gone but so is the blue theme. I can live with the stock look for now but your themes look pretty sweet.

Is there anything I can try?

I’m looking forward to this at the end of the work day.

Upvote 0
I noticed your blue 4.0 has the IQ Remover added. So restored to Shabbymod-9 and installed blue 4.0 and its boot looping. I since went back to Shabbymod-9, added Blue 3.1 and then IQ Remover. IQ agent is gone but so is the blue theme. I can live with the stock look for now but your themes look pretty sweet.

Is there anything I can try?

I

Reactions: Rally 517
Upvote 0
The only way I managed to not get the endless boot loop was to install the rooted E14 odin, shabby 0.9, simplyblue 3.1, and the IQ remover 3.0. Any deviation from that resulted to the endless loop. I tried to get the stock fonts both using shabby's link and from the simply blue link, tried different orders and combinations (I must have done this 10+ times) nothing helped. I need the stock fonts for reading non english characters. Any way to get the stock fonts without loosing the Carrier IQ fix or getting the boot loop?

Upvote 0
The only way I managed to not get the endless boot loop was to install the rooted E14 odin, shabby 0.9, simplyblue 3.1, and the IQ remover 3.0. Any deviation from that resulted to the endless loop. I tried to get the stock fonts both using shabby's link and from the simply blue link, tried different orders and combinations (I must have done this 10+ times) nothing helped. I need the stock fonts for reading non english characters. Any way to get the stock fonts without loosing the Carrier IQ fix or getting the boot loop?

how did you try installing the font?

flash this in cwm stockfont.zip

Upvote 0
how did you try installing the font?

flash this in cwm stockfont.zip

Thanks for the fix and the reply.

I have tried different things that either got it me in a boot loop (most of the time) or undid the CIQ fix.

One thing that got me to a boot loop was after installing simply blue, I did the stockfont update, and then the CIQ fix. One time, I even did everything right (E144 CWM, Shabby, Simply Blue 3, CIQ fix) and got the boot loop...

I think I have tried Shabys fix after I got the CIQ fix the first time, but then it got me to a boot loop again.

I am going to try applying again the stockfont.zip when I go home, I cannot risk on getting my phone dead right now. This is one thing I haven't tried. So, if I apply the stockfont.zip the fix should remain intact, right?

EDIT: I just applied the stockfont.zip and everything is fine! I am glad I do not have to restore my phone again...

Upvote 0
I was bored today, so I did some experimenting. Here is what I did:
ODIN flashed to rooted stock EE14 with CWM3: Phone works
ODIN flashed CWM4: Phone works
CWM flashed CIQremover 3: Boot loops
CWM flashed ShabbyKernel RC1: Still loops
CWM flashed CoolBlue 1.1 theme: Phone boots, Shabbymod related items don't (expected, I didn't install shabbymod)
CWM flashed CIQremover 3: Phone Works!
Cleared Dalvik Cache: Phone boots in less than 5 minutes and no lag :)

Looks like CIQ Remover needs you to flash a theme first... ANY theme, even ones never adapted for noCIQ

Reactions: blue2107
Upvote 0
I had some problems receiving text messages (not coming at all) so I did a factory reset and my phone went into a boot loop. So I went back to stock (non-rooted) until the weekend that I will have more time to install something custom. At least once the stock booted some texts came through.

One more thing, the phone app kept crushing randomly before doing the factory reset.

Reactions: Bloodawn
Upvote 0
I had some problems receiving text messages (not coming at all) so I did a factory reset and my phone went into a boot loop. So I went back to stock (non-rooted) until the weekend that I will have more time to install something custom. At least once the stock booted some texts came through.

One more thing, the phone app kept crushing randomly before doing the factory reset.

thanks for reporting that. i think i found what the problem was

Upvote 0
hey blood, sorry i've been out of the loop for a while, but can i just install this willy nilly or do i have to start over from scratch and do things in a certain order?

for example if i'm already running a modded version of shabby with themes and such will this undo it?

or can i just flash this and keep everything the way it is?

Upvote 0
hey blood, sorry i've been out of the loop for a while, but can i just install this willy nilly or do i have to start over from scratch and do things in a certain order?

for example if i'm already running a modded version of shabby with themes and such will this undo it?

or can i just flash this and keep everything the way it is?

this mod overwrites all the files in the /system/framework folder so if you are using anything that has changed any of those files flashing this would undo that. that is why i include this with my themes.

if you have a theme installed already this should flash over it without any problems. flashing it over a stock shabbymod would cause a bootloop tho

Upvote 0
here goes nothing!

update: yep, it definitely wipes out whatever theme you were using

so then, does that mean if i were to change to a different theme, that my new theme will undo this CIQ stuff??

are we only allowed to use your simple themes to have this CIQ feature?

on a side note do you have to update your themes everytime you update this CIQ mod?

sounds like a bit of a hassle :(

Upvote 0
so then, does that mean if i were to change to a different theme, that my new theme will undo this CIQ stuff??
yes. either that or give you a bootloop

are we only allowed to use your simple themes to have this CIQ feature?

I usually update my power widget mod to include the latest version of this. anyone who uses that mod as a base for their theme would have this too as long as they are using one of the later versions

on a side note do you have to update your themes everytime you update this CIQ mod?

yes. this may be the final update for the CIQ mod tho unless somebody finds a bug

Reactions: psp_noob
Upvote 0
Version 3.1
Fixed problem with incoming texts

Thanks for fixing this! I did everything again yesterday and (almost) everything works great.

The only issue I have is that before the CIQ fix and Shabby I used to able to configure hotmail using:
Setup push email with Hotmail on Android 2.2 and Android 2.3 (HTC Desire / Nexus One)

Now, in the final step I get "Setup could not finish, unable to connect to the server". The same goes for my school's exchange email.

It used to work two days ago. It might be just a coincidence, however, do you think it is something to do with the CIQ fix? Does it affect the SSL connections? Any ideas?

Thanks,

Haris

EDIT: Never mind, I downloaded the email app from the above link and everything is working now. Thanks again!

Upvote 0
Blood, I have tried running your simple themes and the new honeycomb hybrid by blue, and am having a couple of issues. I have DTA2SD installed and I am able to flash all of these themes without bootloop or any other issues. But once the phone has started I get low internal memory warnings and text message memory full warnings. I go to a2sd and it says that I have 750mb free in sd ext and 2mb free in internal. But when I recover ciq installed it states that i have 666mb free in sd ext and 65mb free in internal. I can flash every theme and version of ciq removal and it always has the same results. Could you tell me how CIQ removal affects the DTA2SD and how I may be able to remedy this. I really appreciate your time. Thanks in advance.

Upvote 0
Blood, I have tried running your simple themes and the new honeycomb hybrid by blue, and am having a couple of issues. I have DTA2SD installed and I am able to flash all of these themes without bootloop or any other issues. But once the phone has started I get low internal memory warnings and text message memory full warnings. I go to a2sd and it says that I have 750mb free in sd ext and 2mb free in internal. But when I recover ciq installed it states that i have 666mb free in sd ext and 65mb free in internal. I can flash every theme and version of ciq removal and it always has the same results. Could you tell me how CIQ removal affects the DTA2SD and how I may be able to remedy this. I really appreciate your time. Thanks in advance.

a factory reset may fix it try doing this

Make a backup in CWM first

Run the factory reset
Flash version 3.1 of my theme, after it flashes press reboot system. the phone will bootloop so while its doing that hold volume up + power to boot back into CWM
Flash either simple blue/green 4.1 or the honeycomb

You should be able to boot up now and your free space should be good, you may have to redo DTA2SD but I'm not sure

edit:Make sure you have one of the ciq removed themes flashed before you do this

Reactions: TryingToRoot
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones