• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [MOD] Data Throttle Removal GB v4.5.596

that avatar is still the same...

Yeah, I haven't had time to change it yet :D

Verizon throttles at the server, therefore you can do nothing to unthrottle. If this appears to speed up your phone, it's all in your head.

Only very small companies throttle at the phone.

Yeah, that's what I figured, but people still ask for this, and since it's simple enough to make the changes, I do it.

But still, there must be a reason why the throttle files are on the phone.

Upvote 0
So I did a very small sample sized field test today:

I streamed the same video on my way to work twice today (same direction). Without the hack applied there were a lot of skips. With it applied a few hours later, the file played perfectly. There could be a number of reasons for this, but for now, I'm at least intrigued.

I'll use it for about a month and get a thorough synopsis ready. Streaming high quality music videos (strictly for the audio component) on youtube rarely results in a perfect playback for me.

Upvote 0
Verizon throttles at the server, therefore you can do nothing to unthrottle. If this appears to speed up your phone, it's all in your head.

Only very small companies throttle at the phone.

It would be fairly hard to throttle from the server because it would need to react absolutely instantly. It doesn't know when to throttle untill it reaches that limit. If you go into a phones framework, then services.jar, then classes.dex, then traverse to the right directory you will find the ThrottleServices.smali files. Deleting them actually does make your data faster.

Get a speed test, thats the real proof

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones