• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [MOD]Droid X2 SD Storage flip-flop - SD to Internal / Internal to SD

cookie_monster

Android Enthusiast
Jul 28, 2010
IOWA
I found this mod on XDA and thought i would share it with our community.
I take no credit for this at all.

[MOD]Droid X2 SD Storage flip-flop - SD to Internal / Internal to SD - xda-developers

So what is a SD storage flip-flop? Basically what this mod does is switch SD storage to internal storage, or internal storage to SD storage. Why is this beneficial? Well, on the Droid X2 in its stock form, your actual SD card (the one you put in the phone by hand) is not mounted in the "correct" file system space by default. This screws a lot of things up e.g. trying to install a Gameloft game which ends up installing on the internal MMC, or general system files getting stored on the internal MMC. This mod fixes that issue and puts everything on your actual SD card like usual. Technically, the internal MMC is faster to access than your SD card, so it makes sense why Motorola made it this way, but from a user standpoint it doesn't make much sense, at least, to me.

This can be flashed in BSR recovery. To check if it works, look at your SD storage menu in your Settings. If they flip after flashing the ZIP, it works.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones