1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

{MOD} Gingerbread 2.3 Animations on Fascinate - (TV Turn Off)

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by neotrixy, Feb 5, 2011.

1. neotrixy

neotrixy Well-Known Member

I'm looking for the screen off/on or sleep/wake animation (looks like old tv turning off) that is new in gingerbread 2.3. Does anyone know if this exist as a mod or theme, or exists in a rom right now? I'm running Adryn's Superclean V7 DL30 right now, so preferably something that would run on it. *just realized I typed over the "WANTED" in the title, sorry if that confused anyone.*

Any advice is greatly appreciated!

Adryn, you da man!

Heres a video of what I'm talking about:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWoQxZs2-Lc&feature=related

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. mkarps

mkarps Member

that is pretty sweet

3. jamesnmandy

jamesnmandy Android Enthusiast

it would be nice yes.....i wish Adren's boot up image was somethig a little more creative than the looping Galaxy S logo....

4. nitsuj17

nitsuj17 Android Expert

Swap in your own boot ani if you would prefer something else

5. nessbuilder

nessbuilder Newbie

I have this on my DJ05 super dark.

6. neotrixy

Can you elaborate on that? I mean, I think there is a ton of people looking for this. Was it included in your super dark theme or was it a mod you added? Or can you point us in the direction so the rest of us can get this too, please?

7. nessbuilder

nessbuilder Newbie

It must have come on the superdark because I've added nothing else except the R2D2 boot up screen. Let me also correct that it only happens when I power down my phonw not when it sleeps.

8. snapper.fishes

snapper.fishes Android Expert

Well that video proved that it was sleep and not power down. It takes a long time to power down if you want to do it just by keeping the power button pressed.

Must be part of a rom.

9. neotrixy

Well if someone was able to integrate the animation into the powering down animation, then surely it could just be a few lines of code away from working on a screen off animation, right?

10. nitsuj17

nitsuj17 Android Expert

i believe it was determined screen off would only work in gingerbread

11. Spaniard85

Spaniard85 Member

Yup. From what I've read, it's buried DEEP within the framework.

12. FlyingPoo

FlyingPoo Lurker

It in the display driver for Gingerbread, so no <2.3 ports yet..... yet.... Cause I was just looking into this earlier.

13. bstarr3

bstarr3 Newbie

1. Find the DJ05 Super Dark ROM on xda.
    2. Unzip it and go into system/media/video/shutdown
    3. Copy the files from that folder onto your sd card
    4. In Root Explorer, move those files into system/media/video/shutdown on your phone (if you don't have a /video/shutdown folder set up, you can just create them. Confirmed working by me)
    5. This will give you the TV off effect on shutdown!

As said above, I don't think we can make it work (yet!) for just turning the screen off, but it does create a cool effect for a shutdown animation.

seanatsb likes this.
  14. seanatsb

seanatsb Well-Known Member

Thanks for the directions. Worked perfect!

15. ouzizo

ouzizo Lurker

Could you please upload the shutdown folder to me because my internet connection is very slow to download all the ROM///

thanks in advance

16. tjbugs1

tjbugs1 Well-Known Member

Sharkie405 likes this.
  17. dmbfan13

dmbfan13 Member

How can I create the video folder? Says its read only. Looking at the folder privileges, it looks like it should have write access as well. Any ideas?

18. seanatsb

seanatsb Well-Known Member

Use root explorer. There should be a spot towards upper left of screen that allows you to toggle between read only and read/write. Toggle it to read/write and then you can delete or add stuff

19. tzoid

tzoid Lurker

hi there

i have followed everything that has been said on this topic and i have all the files and i have got root explorer and it still wont let me paste the files in the folder because its says it is still read only can anyone help me please to why it still says its read only

thank you very much

20. tzoid

tzoid Lurker

ok figured it out i was just being a full on newb sorry

21. kobby2k6

kobby2k6 Lurker

will this work on a different phone....I have a samsung transform and it runs froyo

22. Fappy Jones

Fappy Jones Lurker

or you could use CM7 now, since JT posted it on XDA...it works just fine if you dont need, mms/bt/camera/camcorder

Samsung Fascinate Forum

The Samsung Fascinate release date was Q3 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.0" inch screen, 5MP camera, GB RAM, Hummingbird processor, and 1500mAh battery.

Q3 2010
Release Date
Reviews