• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [MOD][Jb+][ics?]Tablet ui aka double panel view

chiikko561

Dec 14, 2012
So i figured out how to get tablet Ui on 2fasts cm10 ROM its real simple

Step 1 after installing cm10 go to play store and download texdroider DPI https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.texdroider.texdroider_dpi
And change your DPI on boot to 120

Step two enjoy :)

WARNING IF YOU HAVE BAD EYES OR A PROBLEM WITH SMALL FONT DO NOT DO THIS

I TAKE NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANYTHING THAT GOES WRONG

NOTHING SHOULD

TO REMOVE THIS JUST CHANGE DPI TO 240

ALSO GO TO SETTINGS/SYSTEM AND CHANGE FONT TO HUGE NOT MUCH HELP BUT BETTER

ejy5enat.jpg
6epa7adu.jpg

Reactions: dm0 and cras951
How's your battery life on your phone? cause I'm on fusion and I'm getting only 4 hours from just texting and Facebook etc....

I'm on cm10 and I'm getting like twelve with heavy use but i use ds battery saver which puts your phone into deep sleep everytime the phone screen goes off and set CPU on the fast kernel plus ram optimizer app

Upvote 0
I know the Nexus 7 uses phabletui not tablet ui since the roll out of 4.2
Allot of mixed reviews on this over at XDA.

Recently the tab 2 is rolling out with 4.1 (though not in the US) yet, but the AOKP, cm 10 and cm 10.1 official releases uses phablet....

Think its neat how you guys got it going on here but can not picture how hard it would be to read the font size...

Question does your gmail and other apps display multi collum....just curious....

Sent from my GT-P3113

Upvote 0
I know the Nexus 7 uses phabletui not tablet ui since the roll out of 4.2
Allot of mixed reviews on this over at XDA.

Recently the tab 2 is rolling out with 4.1 (though not in the US) yet, but the AOKP, cm 10 and cm 10.1 official releases uses phablet....

Think its neat how you guys got it going on here but can not picture how hard it would be to read the font size...

Question does your gmail and other apps display multi collum....just curious....

Sent from my GT-P3113

Fonts are OK when u put it on huge and some apps have tablet ui including the market and YouTube but its good try it and then set the fonts to huge :cool: :D

Upvote 0
Lol....truthfuly i was just curious. I have a tab 2 so no need for the mod.

Its a interesting, and cool mod though especialy working its way to this device. I think originaly it began to rid of the phablet ui being experienced by tablet users upgrading to 4.2

Cool mod though....

Sent from my GT-P3113

Yea I was hoping on getting a galaxy tab2 with 10in one just gotta see whats up with my uncle .... lol

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones