• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [MOD] Settings Privacy/Reset Removed

Fuzzy13

Extreme Android User
Dec 8, 2011
A-T-L-A-N-T-A
Thanks to VSuperUserV, he has made a better and more efficient looking settings mod. Mine was an edited PNG but the link was still there.

VSuperuserV managed to change the text and delete the link, so the link goes no where.

MAKE SURE YOU THANK VSuperuserV BELOW!!!!!!

This is HIS work!!!!!

Download

#1- http://d-h.st/zVg (With link, like pictured below)

#2- http://d-h.st/SYg (Privacy link is gone)

ndjt3s.jpg

Very useful so that we can eliminate the problems that come with people doing a factory reset in settings and not in CWM like they are supposed to. :D

Maybe we can get this implicated into the themes and ROMs so it becomes a standard and we can eliminate this problem 100%.

ALSO. If anyone wants to take on the challenge of making it "link" to recovery then go right ahead. Just download the "new modded" settings and PM me when you are done so I can test it. I'll then add it to the post. THIS WOULD BE IDEAL, if anyone can do it. All we need is the "reset in CWM" link to go to recovery just like in the power menu. I know someone can do this :D

Enjoy :D

ManlyParasite said:
I've come to realize that when it comes to android, it doesn't matter what it is, its always harder than it sounds

To a certain extent. I was actually surprised how easy it was to edit a theme or an apk. Once i learned what i needed to do to achieve my goal, i realized that out was very easy actually.

But I'm also the type of person that has to be perfect at everything i do or else it mentally affects me. In also the type of person that would rather figure out how something works instead of someone just doing it for me. I forget that everyone is not like me so some times it eerks me to see people being lazy and wanting everyone else to do their work for them. I hate that but that's the human race for you. Haha

Reactions: V SuperUser V
Upvote 0
To a certain extent. I was actually surprised how easy it was to edit a theme or an apk. Once i learned what i needed to do to achieve my goal, i realized that out was very easy actually.

But I'm also the type of person that has to be perfect at everything i do or else it mentally affects me. In also the type of person that would rather figure out how something works instead of someone just doing it for me. I forget that everyone is not like me so some times it eerks me to see people being lazy and wanting everyone else to do their work for them. I hate that but that's the human race for you. Haha
That's 1 way to think, another way is to see it as a chance to answer the call. You can be helpful, and in turn maybe inspire someone else to do the same. Yes, it seems most of the human race wants everything handed to it now, I suppose that's what technological advances can do. And with more and more things getting automated, people don't really need to use their brains anymore (look to MTV for plenty of examples here)

Upvote 0
Thanks to VSuperUserV, he has made a better and more efficient looking settings mod. Mine was an edited PNG but the link was still there.

VSuperuserV managed to change the text and delete the link, so the link goes no where.

This is HIS work!!!!!

Download

#1- Dev-Host - SettingsCWM.apk - The Ultimate Free File Hosting / File Sharing Service (With link, like pictured below)

#2- Dev-Host - SettingsNoPrivacy.apk - The Ultimate Free File Hosting / File Sharing Service (Privacy link is gone)

ndjt3s.jpg

Very useful so that we can eliminate the problems that come with people doing a factory reset in settings and not in CWM like they are supposed to. :D

Maybe we can get this implicated into the themes and ROMs so it becomes a standard and we can eliminate this problem 100%.

ALSO. If anyone wants to take on the challenge of making it "link" to recovery then go right ahead. Just download the "new modded" settings and PM me when you are done so I can test it. I'll then add it to the post. THIS WOULD BE IDEAL, if anyone can do it. All we need is the "reset in CWM" link to go to recovery just like in the power menu. I know someone can do this :D

Upvote 0
I installed the "SettingsCWM.apk" Is it so pose to work? when you tap on it? and do i need to delete the other settings.apk?

You will either have to rename the file to settings.apk and overwrite the existing or move the existing settings out to your sd and then reboot so that settingscwm.apk can install.

It's just like installing any other APK except your replacing one that's there. Phone works just like a computer so apply what you would do on a computer when copying and pasting files to the phone. Same concept

Upvote 0

This is HIS work!!!!!

Download

#1- Dev-Host - - The Ultimate Free File Hosting / File Sharing Service (With link, like pictured below)

#2- Dev-Host - - The Ultimate Free File Hosting / File Sharing Service (Privacy link is gone)

ndjt3s.jpg

Links broken can you please fix, I know I'm like 2 year late... but I would love to have this.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones