• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [MOD] Various Mods: Pattern Unlock, Blue Battery 10%, CRT, Rotation Mix for Stock GB 4.5.602

I can not get the deodex zip to install. It says it uses the Amend script and the version of CWR I am using can not install if using the Amend script. Any ideas?

I have tried using the program amend2edify to make the edify script for the deodex zip. When I then install the edify deodex zip in CWR it appears to install but I get stuck on the M logo when I reboot.

Upvote 0
OK so I could never get it to install under CWR so I just went into adb and manually replaced the files. The phone booted back up so I think I was able to deodex it successfully. Now to try the theme file and see what happens after a backup.

**Update** Stuck in FC loops now. Don't know what I am doing wrong.

**Update** Added the theme files using adb and stuck in FC loops again. Guess I am done trying for now.

Upvote 0
OK so I could never get it to install under CWR so I just went into adb and manually replaced the files. The phone booted back up so I think I was able to deodex it successfully. Now to try the theme file and see what happens after a backup.

You should go in there an manually delete any .odex files, if you didn't delete them already, then they are certainly still there.

What version of CWR were you using? It sounds like you weren't using D2 bootstrapper...........I remember reading somewhere else that someone was having similar issues as you when they updated CWR.

Upvote 0
CWR is at 5.0.2.0 I believe. I did remove all odex files using abd but I will double check. I have DroidXbootstrapper installed and have USB debugging unchecked. Should I install Droid2bootstrapper? I am going into the recovery console using ROMmanager and not the bootstrapper should I be using the bootstrapper to get to the console.

Just double checked and did the rm command again in adb to make sure .odex files were all removed in app and framework and it did not find any .odex files so I am positive I have it deodexed.

**update**Installed Droid2bootstrapper and CWR is now at 2.5 something...will try theme zip again.

**update** No luck using Droid2bootrapper to install zip. Went into FC loops again.

Upvote 0
I got it all to install fine finally. Here is how I did it so it would work.

I loaded a backup image that was just rooted 602. Then installed Droid2bootstrap. Used it to boot to recovery and install deodex zip. It went fine since the 2.5 version of CWR it uses works with amend scripts. Rebooted and all was fine. Used Droid2bootstrap to get to CWR and installed theme file. Reboot and all was good.

Really like the theme.

Thank you for your help and suggesting to use D2bootstrap. I didn't think it would matter that much what version of CWR was used but it definately does.

Upvote 0
I got it all to install fine finally. Here is how I did it so it would work.

I loaded a backup image that was just rooted 602. Then installed Droid2bootstrap. Used it to boot to recovery and install deodex zip. It went fine since the 2.5 version of CWR it uses works with amend scripts. Rebooted and all was fine. Used Droid2bootstrap to get to CWR and installed theme file. Reboot and all was good.

Really like the theme.

Thank you for your help and suggesting to use D2bootstrap. I didn't think it would matter that much what version of CWR was used but it definately does.

Nice, glad you got it all worked out.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
I used the one click method to Root my DX (running GB .602):

http://androidforums.com/droid-x-al...-tbh-files-one-click-method-now-included.html

Will your mod work with this? Will I still have have to use your deodexer file (in fact, is that compatible with my root method?

Also, can you briefly explain the process to install your mod or provide a link? This is my first time attempt a mod/flashing.

Thanks!

It should be fine; it doesn't matter how you rooted it, as long as it's stock .602 rooted.

Yes, you will still need the deodexer.

Don't install the deodexer and the mod in the same session. First install the deodexer, reboot and go back into CWR, then apply the mod and reboot.

Upvote 0
hmm as soon as i installed CRT only
from the site i cant link to on this thread, using boot strap droid 2 on my droid X as told to, everytime i turn my phone on google crashes with silly errors and my voice command slams me. wth is going on?:(:thinking:

whew that was close. what i did is pulled battery, removed micro sd slipped into another computer installed zip file for NO mods and booted in strap removed mods phone is working again. i take it CRT only is a bad file? or just doesn't work with .602 rooted DX.

Upvote 0
hmm as soon as i installed CRT only
from the site i cant link to on this thread, using boot strap droid 2 on my droid X as told to, everytime i turn my phone on google crashes with silly errors and my voice command slams me. wth is going on?:(:thinking:

whew that was close. what i did is pulled battery, removed micro sd slipped into another computer installed zip file for NO mods and booted in strap removed mods phone is working again. i take it CRT only is a bad file? or just doesn't work with .602 rooted DX.

I doubt it's the zip, it's been downloaded about 100 times already, there would certainly be a much bigger outcry if that was the case.

Are you deodexed? It doesn't sound like you are. Maybe a bad download?

Upvote 0
It's in the first post of this thread (right above the CRT only mod download link).
ok, added it to my sd card ran boot strap installed GB_2.3.3_4.5.602_Deodexer.zip

sure is taking forever to get the phone on..... after the deodexed.

*update* works great. i wonder if i should try the blue battery mod with the number inside i like that better, the crt works awesome! i have the collest droid x now thanks bo. i also like your theme on the thread i lost u made very nice.

Upvote 0
ok, added it to my sd card ran boot strap installed GB_2.3.3_4.5.602_Deodexer.zip

sure is taking forever to get the phone on..... after the deodexed.

*update* works great. i wonder if i should try the blue battery mod with the number inside i like that better, the crt works awesome! i have the collest droid x now thanks bo. i also like your theme on the thread i lost u made very nice.

It takes a while to boot up after the deodex because it's rebuilding the cache.

Go ahead and try another mod, if you don't like it you can apply the zip to remove the mods and apply a new one until you like one ;)

Glad it worked out for you.

Reactions: ghost321
Upvote 0
It takes a while to boot up after the deodex because it's rebuilding the cache.

Go ahead and try another mod, if you don't like it you can apply the zip to remove the mods and apply a new one until you like one ;)

Glad it worked out for you.
just did this one: GB 4.5.602 CRT Blue Batt PatternUnlock Rotation.zip woohoo it works. man ur awesome!!!! have any more mods?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones