• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [MOD] {works on any rom} Boot-Logos.... (flashable!) added converter l Updated 12/29 1:20 pm est.

.... pull the new .img file from there onto my SD card and reboot into CW and install from SD card and I get the aborted error.

Here is the weird thing, after I convert the file I open the put photo here folder and its name has changed to splash.Ingram what's up with that. I downloaded the converter from the MT Hacks forum. Is this one different?

I think there is typos in your post, but are you trying to flash the actual splash.img file in clockwork mod?

If so, that's the problem. No can do that. :D

Upvote 0
marc12868

Ahh my own error while reading the program directions. For some reason I thought it said 440 and not 480 yeah that could be an issue. I will give.it a shot n resize it correctly to 480 x 800.

If I can only get it to 801 or 799 after messing around with it will that 1 pixel matter?

ziggy46

Thanks and will do if I cannot get it done with the adjustments mentioned above. Really appreciate your help. I have been wondering where do you get the time to do all these Rome and revisions. First thought that came to mind is that not everyone is like me and working 2 full-time and a part-time job then I read where you are 15. Ahh I remember those good ole days not a worry in the world lol.

Thanks again and I somehow foresee the future and I see os roms named ziggy46.v.2.7.19.beta if you keep this up at such a young age.

Thangfish

I was just saying it was weird how the file name when I pasted it into the folder was kidscollage.JPEG and when I was done converting it the name changed to splash.img from lidscollage.JPEG I am not trying.g to flash the splashlogo. Thanks though

Reactions: ziggy46
Upvote 0
Thangfish

I was just saying it was weird how the file name when I pasted it into the folder was kidscollage.JPEG and when I was done converting it the name changed to splash.img from lidscollage.JPEG I am not trying.g to flash the splashlogo. Thanks though

Oh, ok... Yeah it's supposed to do that. It converts the file to proper format and proper name. Splash.img is the required name.

You should be able to crop to any precise size... Don't know what program you use to edit with. I've never tried with a too large image, but a smaller one will not cause an error.

Upvote 0
do these boot logos work for any phone becouse i have a motorila triumph but i want to try it on another phone dose it work on othere phones

I can't say for sure about the *flashable* zips, but the regular bootanimation.zip files should work on pretty much any phone (resolution inconsistencies not withstanding).
You'll just have to figure out where to put it, and backup/rename the original you intend to replace.

Look in /system/media and /data/local using something like ES file explorer and put it where you find the original bootanimation.zip.

Check in a forum specific to what ever phone you're talking about to be sure.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones