• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root MoDaCo Custom Rom Based on IH8

Yeah you can. The basic requirement is to flash with II5 first, and factory reset. That gives you a clean OS. The update.zip method just unpacks on top of the current system replacing/adding/changing files.

So to use any II5 custom rom, you need to be on II5 firmware then:

II5 -[factory reset]-> Modaco II5 -[factory reset]-> hdblog galaxo

i.e. always factory reset before applying a new update.zip

Upvote 0
he doesnt buy any of the phones, he gets bought them by xda forums (other than the galaxy)
Haha, I don't think so!

Donations contributed towards my purchase of a Hero, but that's the only one!

I bought the Galaxy myself, I have a Pulse here I bought, not to mention a bunch of other phones... I generally switch phones in and out so I don't end up with too many at a time (and end up losing too much money!)

P

Upvote 0
Haha, I don't think so!

Donations contributed towards my purchase of a Hero, but that's the only one!

I bought the Galaxy myself, I have a Pulse here I bought, not to mention a bunch of other phones... I generally switch phones in and out so I don't end up with too many at a time (and end up losing too much money!)

P

sorry mate it was second hand information i was told from someone over at xda

my apologies

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones