1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support Modem help please

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by StillHacking, Aug 6, 2010.

1. StillHacking

StillHacking Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2010
    Field Engineer
    Pittsburgh
    So the DX and I are getting acquainted just fine but I can not get it to function as a standard dial up modem. I have all drivers installed and my trial of PDANET working perfectly. The problem is I need it to dial into another pc using PCanywhere. This is the service Processor on a Hitachi san. My old LG Voyager worked just fine for this on the same PC. The modem shows up as pdanet and I can select that in pcanywhere but it says dialing but never connects. I'll keep trying but I'm almost out of options. Any search I do assumes I'm after broadband for internet connection. Please enlighten me.

SH

Advertisement

2. llamakc

llamakc Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2010
    Who Dat Nation
    Were you also using the trial version of PDANet on the Voyager?

3. StillHacking

StillHacking Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2010
    Field Engineer
    Pittsburgh
    No, no pdanet required. The PC simply should see the phone DX or LG as an external modem. I'm still fighting this.

SH

4. Telstar_2112

Telstar_2112 Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2009
    Sorry I do not have an answer for you but was wondering if you ever figured this out as I need to do the same thing. I need to dial into another computer using my laptop and the droid as I do not have a phone line. The other computer is on a phone line but has no internet capability.