1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

moderate user

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by G2435, Aug 20, 2012.

1. G2435

G2435 Android Enthusiast

I'm a moderate or heavy user and my Phone dies like 2hrs later and suggestion to help me like set CPU setups?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. StarScream2109

StarScream2109 Extreme Android User

I went ahead and moved this outta root section for you can get more battery saving assistance
    If you feel this is wrong please feel free to stop me a PM
    Thanks for understanding :)

3. Robobob1221

Robobob1221 Android Enthusiast

What rom, kernel you running?
    What applications you running when you get such heavy drain?

4. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

ok i moved you back to the root forums op.

setcpu is one answer to many as far as battery life goes. we need some more info we need to know what kernel and what rom you are on. it would also help if you post what your settings are in setcpu as well. remember the more info you can pass on to us the better we can help you.

5. Mexjoker

Mexjoker I'm Not Real, Doris!

You can dim the screen light when you are using it. That will save batter life as well.

6. G2435

G2435 Android Enthusiast

rom: strike
    Kernel: ei 15 sbc mason
    Setcpu:main 998 min 245 and screen off both 245
    I use doplhin browser and Text that's it

7. Mexjoker

Mexjoker I'm Not Real, Doris!

Try setting up a profile on SetCPU that turns on when the screen is off.

8. Robobob1221

Robobob1221 Android Enthusiast

What's your governor and scheduler?

I've heard on Mason's Wheatley governor is good, I think. Not sure bout scheduler.

Also don't set a screen off profile.

In that 2hours is your screen always on??

ocnbrze likes this.
  9. ocnbrze

another thing you can do is report back what the battery stats are. not sure where you can find it on strike, however. it should be under settings>about phone>battery usage on a sense based rom, not to sure on an ics aosp rom. we just want to see exactly how fast your phone's juice gets used up.

10. brianvillage5

brianvillage5 Well-Known Member

Ics roms kill battery (for me anyway), I always run gingerbread as a daily because then I only have to charge it daily. And its usually a bit smoother for me. Mason g rc4. 15 wheatley, and deadline uc to 691 >245. It runs so snappy with those settings and still saves on battery pretty well.

G2435 and ocnbrze like this.
  11. ocnbrze

one other question, how old is your battery?

G2435 and Mikestony like this.
  12. MizzouBrent

MizzouBrent Android Expert

Your phone should not die in two hours. Either your battery is bad (less likely) or you have something keeping your phone awake. Are you roaming? Do you have brightness turned up all the way? Have you let your kernel settle at all?

Before judging battery life on any setup, you should wait a minimum of 48 and preferably 72 hours to allow it to fully "settle" in. Your battery stats might get out of whack. You can find about 500 different methods of how to calibrate your battery if you look it up. IMHO, it doesn't do anything. If you give your setup a couple of days to settle in, your battery stats will adjust just fine. I never wipe mine.

G2435, tube517, ocnbrze and 1 other person like this.
  13. G2435

G2435 Android Enthusiast

its 1 year old and i have had the kernel for i think 3 days and ill try your set up also how do i know if im roaming

HTC EVO 4G Forum

The HTC EVO 4G release date was June 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 512GB RAM, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1500mAh battery.

June 2010
Release Date
Reviews