• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

moderator/phone guide elections!

IOWA

Mr. Logic Pants
Dec 2, 2009
Chicago
Several forums I used to freqeunt had mod elections.... how it would work is every quarter those who wanted to be one, needed to say so. Then there are several voting threads yada yada. Phone guide, though, would require the person in question to have working knowledge of phones, of course.

I'll just be blunt. It's not going to happen. We get hundreds of pm's from people wanting to be mods. We are very selective with who we make mods and leaving it up to a vote is definitely not a good idea.

I'm pretty sure you do lol.

So, what are the 'criteria' for becoming a mod, and if people met these criteria, do you think it could work?

Upvote 0
Yeah not gunna happen. We use the Guides - typically - as a stepping stone screening process, though. The main goal when hiring them is to find people to organize. Move, stick/unstick, etc - and not find experts on certain devices - though sometimes that's what we end up with, and are okay with that too.

Anywhere from 50-75% of the guides get pruned out over time. Helps us figure out who's in it for the long haul, who's good at what they do, and who aren't in it just for the title.

There are one or two guides who will probably take the next couple openings we have for mods.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones