• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Modern Warfare 3?

I don't even think games made in the past two or three years even support some of the graphics cards I used 10 years ago. My first PC build was around Y2K. I used an AMD Athlon 700 slot A with an ATI Rage Fury MAXX...yeah. First 1ghz processors came around that time. I don't think this kind of system would run a game today, let alone one from 2025.

It surely wouldn't be able to run Modern Warfare 3 :D <--trying to get back on topic...

Upvote 0
I seem to get off topic a lot, I need to work on that.

My last statement regarding that matter;
You have to take into consideration, technology has advanced quite a bit from the Y2K "era", and with how advanced today's processors, graphics cards, and everything else is there won't be a need for much fancier parts for a good bit of time. DX11 hasn't even came close to running it's course, and the same pretty much goes for DX10, so I don't think we'll be seeing any huge advancements in gaming anytime really soon. To be honest you can't even really consider Crysis 2 a "huge" advancement. It's an amazing game, true, but not as huge a step forward as you would think.

Upvote 0
I won't be surprised if they come out with something in November, like they've been doing. Whether or not it's worth buying is another story all together. Is the remainder of IW going to be working on it? I didn't read the article... I'll go do that now =p

**EDIT** Yupp my prior opinion still stands, though I have a little faith that maybe the companies can pull it off. While I have never heard of Raven, Singularity LOOKED LIKE (aka I never played it) a pretty good game.

And BTW they picked a great map for the pic... Bog <3

Raven did the MP in Rainbow Six

Upvote 0
Early nov is what I was told.. dunno how much truth is in that tho.

New stuff that got released/leaked yesterday looks nice... Hopefully they do a re haul on multi player so it is not about who can find the cheapest tactic..

It looks like it's using the same engine from the previous CoD's. I'm pretty much done with shooters (besides Gears 3 and BF3). They just don't give me that feeling of satisfaction like they used to.

Upvote 0
It looks like it's using the same engine from the previous CoD's. I'm pretty much done with shooters (besides Gears 3 and BF3). They just don't give me that feeling of satisfaction like they used to.

I dont mind shooters, I just don't expect much from them. If I actually bought games rather then downloaded them, I would probably rent 99% of them for story. Sports games are where I am at most of the time.

Upvote 0
I wouldn't buy MW3. So far we know it is going to be the same game engine with sub par graphics, a similar story to MW and MW2, as well as the same community that buys games just because it has "Call of Duty" plastered on the front. If they can think outside the box and add something new to the game, besides riot shields, then maybe I'll buy it.

As for the discussion about BF3 on the first page, I already pre-ordered mine. BF3 is using a new engine called Frostbite 2, a new storyline, and the ability to mount guns that have legs (M95, etc.). They are also bringing 64 man games, and planes back.

CoD is an arcade shooter with very unrealistic content. Battlefield at least has bullet drop and recoil.

Upvote 0
I guess I'm just fed up with all the same shit being released lol. Same here on the sports games.
I get sick of the same thing too.. but the problem I see is when something new or an attempt at innovation comes out it is utter shit. I.E MAG or Homefront.

Also, I love BC2 and I am sure BF3 will be great.. but I end up back at COD because it is always fun when you just have one of those matches where you are untouchable and go like 50-3. Maybe I am just not as good at BC2 but I never get outragous scores in that game. :mad:

Upvote 0
Also, I love BC2 and I am sure BF3 will be great.. but I end up back at COD because it is always fun when you just have one of those matches where you are untouchable and go like 50-3. Maybe I am just not as good at BC2 but I never get outragous scores in that game. :mad:

Same here. Seems to be the closer a fight is in BC2 the more fun it is. I like it when a round ends with 0 and 5 because it was fair. It seems like it is the other way in CoD.

Upvote 0
I get sick of the same thing too.. but the problem I see is when something new or an attempt at innovation comes out it is utter shit. I.E MAG or Homefront.

Like someone in this thread commented on earlier, CoD is not realistic in the least bit. Granted, both games are just that.. games and are unrealistic altogether - Battlefield games offer at least a small semblance of realism. The level of competition is a bit higher as well on Battlefield. Overall, I find BF to be much more enjoyable for various reasons.

Upvote 0
I am on neither sie of BF or CoD, but I can't wait for this game, I loved the first two stories and hope this one will be awesome
as for BF3, my friends preordered that for me for my birthday, so I don't have to worry about that game lol, plus BF3wil be played on my PC, and I will probably get MW3 for ps3
both gaes look great, I just hope that the 3 companies worked well together to make MW3 what MW1 an MW2 were

Upvote 0
Here's my forecast on MW3:

It'll be crazy hyped leading up to it. The first month everyone will scream it's the greatest game ever made.

A couple months pass, people find exploits, community ruins it, CoD focuses on making $15 map packs instead of patching balance issues. Everyone then calls it the worst game ever created and goes back to CoD4.

Same story as every CoD.

Will I still buy it and play it, probably.

Upvote 0
I'll have to disagree with you there, it isn't incredibly hard to make a good computer. If you want to make a truly great computer, (which in my opinion would be a computer that could run every game for the next 20-30 years flawlessly) that requires time and research. Especially when you get into all the fancy stuff like multiple graphics cards, CPU's, liquid cooling, etc.

you cant possible think that you could build a computer TODAY with the most advanced possible parts for a computer and expect it to run games flawlessly 30 years from now, if you think that then you need to go back to IT school or something,

Upvote 0
you cant possible think that you could build a computer TODAY with the most advanced possible parts for a computer and expect it to run games flawlessly 30 years from now, if you think that then you need to go back to IT school or something,

I've never been to IT school, so if you think I have I must be doing good.
I again must politely disagree with you. If I had the budget to buy the most advanced parts in existence right now, building a computer that could run a game 30 years from now would be no complicated task.

For future reference, you should be more specific. I'm sure you intended to imply the most advanced parts available to "basic" consumers, but not everyone will pick up on that.

Upvote 0
I've never been to IT school, so if you think I have I must be doing good.
I again must politely disagree with you. If I had the budget to buy the most advanced parts in existence right now, building a computer that could run a game 30 years from now would be no complicated task.

For future reference, you should be more specific. I'm sure you intended to imply the most advanced parts available to "basic" consumers, but not everyone will pick up on that.

Even if that were the case, his argument is will still stand. You can't buy parts that will handle gaming in 30 years because you already have them. Gaming in 30 years will either, not exist, or will be something embedded into our bodies lol.

WAIT AND SEE!

Upvote 0
Hopefully that isn't the case.

Give me a copy of the "butler" from Iron Man (I forget its name) and let me play video games on that and I'll be happy. I'd much prefer not to play Battlefield in my head though, I get the feeling that might cause a few problems.

You forget the basic rules of gaming on computers. Drivers. I have a great computer but if through drivers arn't supported then i am sol. look back 30 years T computer games. I guarantee you .arpa didn't have a computer back then that could play bc2

I can't tell if your a troll or that misinformed

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones