• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Modern Warfare 3?

You forget the basic rules of gaming on computers. Drivers. I have a great computer but if through drivers arn't supported then i am sol. look back 30 years T computer games. I guarantee you .arpa didn't have a computer back then that could play bc2

I can't tell if your a troll or that misinformed

I don't troll, and I take it quite offensively that you think I do.

I am in no way misinformed, I was never talking about drivers, and I never referred to software period, within reason. Maybe for the people that are ignorant I should have added a phrase saying "All software limitations aside".

Upvote 0
Since we are discussing MW3 and this is an android forum may I recommend this app?

hi-124-4

market download

It was featured on xda-developers here.

Check it out and let me know what you think!

Upvote 0
Infinity Ward released a new multiplayer video of Modern Warfare 3. It's over three minutes long.

So sniper rifles and smgs as secondary now? lol

I'll be playing this game for sure but from what little I have seen and read it is going to be more cheap madness then MW2...

This was also in the related, probably old but I have never seen it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ljleQKG1wFY&feature=relmfu

Are the dog tags like a new playlist to try to deter from camping?

Upvote 0
The dog tags are part of a new game mode called Kill Confirmed. Basically TDM with a twist. To gain points for your team, just killing an enemy player isnt enough. You only get points for collecting the dog tags of your enemy. When you kill an enemy player, they will drop dog tags near where they died. You have to get those dog tags to give your team a point towards your team's overall score.

However, if your teammate gets killed and you collect your teammate's dog tags, you deny the enemy a point towards their overall score. Gold tags are from your enemy, red tags are from your teammates.

Upvote 0
Thread revival for the game being launched.

So what do you guys think?

It fixed the noob tube problem, which was a huge plus to me...but it was already fixed in Black Ops. Knives are still OP, but I think that's just going to be a CoD thing and never go away. A lot of campers, but that's expected out of any FPS. At least there's Quickdraw in the same slot to counter Assassin users. There's still a lot of nonsense in the game I wish they'd fix, but it's still fun. Sure it's pretty much a re-released version of MW2, but as I said earlier in the thread I still bought it and I still enjoy it. People don't cry when sport games get re-launched every year with slight tweaks.

There's a lot of complaining about the game. It has about a 2/10 rating from users on Metacritic. I had this conversation with a friend, that this current generation of "gamers" are the whiniest people ever. Everyone who owns an XBox thinks they're the best and if they die something is broken.

CoD is CoD. It's a fast paced arcade style twitch shooter. It doesn't take much skill, there's tons of nonsense in it, there's tons of complaining about it, it's frustrating to no end...but in the end it's still fun.

Upvote 0
Thread revival for the game being launched.

So what do you guys think?

It fixed the noob tube problem, which was a huge plus to me...but it was already fixed in Black Ops. Knives are still OP, but I think that's just going to be a CoD thing and never go away. A lot of campers, but that's expected out of any FPS. At least there's Quickdraw in the same slot to counter Assassin users. There's still a lot of nonsense in the game I wish they'd fix, but it's still fun. Sure it's pretty much a re-released version of MW2, but as I said earlier in the thread I still bought it and I still enjoy it. People don't cry when sport games get re-launched every year with slight tweaks.

There's a lot of complaining about the game. It has about a 2/10 rating from users on Metacritic. I had this conversation with a friend, that this current generation of "gamers" are the whiniest people ever. Everyone who owns an XBox thinks they're the best and if they die something is broken.

CoD is CoD. It's a fast paced arcade style twitch shooter. It doesn't take much skill, there's tons of nonsense in it, there's tons of complaining about it, it's frustrating to no end...but in the end it's still fun.

I wouldn't even peg it to 360 users only. I think it's widespread across gamers in general. Some more than others. You also noted that people in this generation are as whiny as ever, which I completely agree with. We've become this weird instant gratification type of folk. Which is absolutely stupid, but it is what it is. As you stated, most people don't complain when sports games are released annually with usually nothing more than just a roster update, however, sports games (in my opinion) offer a completely different experience to the user. I personally will not be picking up MW3 for the simple reason that is just a re-hashed version of a previous game. There was nothing in particular while watching trailers and etc, that stood out to me and grabbed my attention.

Upvote 0
So far i like the game a good bit. I'm between lvl 12 and 13 for now. Seem to be leveling up fairly quick. When i played last night i honestly didn't see that many campers

I'm the first one to admit that i camp at times and i was even having a hard time finding a spot to camp in lol. I had my tent and marshmallows all ready to go and ..nothing lol.

Only real complaint i have so far is ...am i the only one that seems to have to dump a whole clip in someone before they die? good grief it happens both ways too i've watched people shoot me for 2 seconds before i died. in the killcam.

I'll be glad when i lvl up enough to play hardcore team deathmatch instead of core.

All in all so far i like it. I really like it that it came out at a perfect time to get my mind off of Android stuff for a while lol.

Upvote 0
I prefer sniping with no quickscoping. It is very difficult to find an area secure on these maps to snipe from. These maps were made for the COD run-and-gunners. I am sure I will find places once I get more familiar with the maps.

great assessment. I couldn't find any sniping locations either.

Some of the close quarters in these maps make having a shotty very fun.

Upvote 0
Only real complaint i have so far is ...am i the only one that seems to have to dump a whole clip in someone before they die? good grief it happens both ways too i've watched people shoot me for 2 seconds before i died. in the killcam.

I've noticed the same thing. I'm pretty sure it's just the way hosting works and the connection with CoD. Once Activision decides to reinvest some of their millions in profits towards dedicated servers it'll be a lot better.

Another thing is some guns just do not work with silencers. I was using the M4 with a silencer and it is so weak. On the other hand, the SCAR isn't affected too much by the silencer weakening it.

The one thing I really wish they'd patch is allowing custom game modes to be public. There's a lot of cool game modes they included in Private Matches including Gun Game, Infection, Juggernaut Wars, and many others. It'd be so much fun and a nice mix up to join those game types publically.

Upvote 0
game BLOWS in my eyes! i would take it back except i bought it with a new xbox... i am selling my Elite code (thank God i didnt activate it)

complaints:
stabbing sucks (i have gotten commando stabbed a few times and totally missed others)
guns are boring (scar, barrett, UMP, MP5....... ......... ....... seen these before?
maps are terrible. they are all boxy and have sharp corners
too many perks and crap
something is flying overhead ALL THE DAMN TIME
riot shields are easily shot through
the dive is gone (never thought i would miss it)
quickscoping is ........ i'll leave it at that
i get killed so easily but it feels hard to kill others
juggernaut perk/streak whatever sucks
the game colors feel dull
choppers overhead seem way too powerful
there are more, but i'm tired

i didnt care for black ops much at first, but grew to enjoy it. man, i'm missing it. seemed more fun!

BF3 on out for me! drive a tank or fly a copter or plane....... blow up a buildings wall or revive teammates! thats MY idea of fun!

they rushed this game. maps are sour, nothing "new" catches. they TRIED to make it snazzy but a ton on my group are very bitter for paying $60+ for this junk. BF ftw

Upvote 0
i agree that it was a rehash of prior COD's but to me the game ran a lot smoother than prior versions. I have noticed a difference between weapons stats that i really never saw too much in prior games. IE a SCAR vs MP5, at close range the scar will win which i kind of like. In the past you never knew and if a gun has half the power it should taje double the shots....just saying...also i agree with the snipe issues there are a few levels good for it but all in all i think it was a great remake, someone said it best when they compared it to MAdden thats what COD has become and i think this version is great....

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones