• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Mods advice?

Papamalo

Android Enthusiast
Jan 14, 2011
Oakland
UPDATED:

Hi. I just got one of these phones for my elderly mother, and I want to simplify the desktop.

1: How to I move or change apps in the dock? It; lets me move everything except the "apps" drawer, which I seemingly cannot remove from the dock.
Solution (Duh) I just move more apps there and it make room. Still can't make apps go away there.

2: is 5X5 the most icons it will allow on the grid?

3: With other versions I had the option of "Add to home screen" for just about anything, including contacts. I cant find it here. Where is it?
Solution: Whereas "add to home screen" was a standalone option on a lot of android devices, here, you have to long press the screen, go to widgets, choose direct dial, drag it where you want it, and assign it a contact you want to quickly access.

Thanks all.
P

Last edited:

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones