1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

mods... do you see where i'm coming from?

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box & Feedback' started by tommy_ed, Jun 5, 2011.

1. tommy_ed

tommy_ed Android Expert
    None

Feb 26, 2010
    Verizon Wireless Sales, Traveling Musician
    is it just me or did they used to be a little more "user friendly" on here?

ive had a couple posts deleted which i know did NOT infract any rules, nor were off topic. I had something like this happen before, in a post where i got a little too personal. EarlyMon PMed me and temporarily hid the post until i could edit it. This time no one even PMed, when most of the post was completely relevant and within the guidelines. Then when i asked why the [seperate] post that wasnt infracting any rules or off-topic was deleted, they deleted that post as well, without even addressing my issue... i know this is an issue that should probably be PMed, but its from a couple different mods and i wouldnt even know who to message.

i don't want to sound like i hate the mods on here because i really don't, you guys usually do a really great job on here, and are very welcoming compared to a couple other forums im on. I just feel like the friendliness is one of the great qualities of this site, which is why i'm bringing it to attention (in the hopes dissatisfaction can be avoided in the future) :)

Advertisement

Phases likes this.
  2. XplosiV

XplosiV Master X is Watching You
    None

Jun 10, 2010
    Male
    UK
    I know some new mods/guides have been taken on, maybe your experience relates to one of these newer mods, maybe this mod was just trying to do things by the book. Could be any number of reasons really.

3. novox77

novox77 Leeeroy Jennnkinnns!
    None

Jul 7, 2010
    To the OP: I looked at the thread in question. Seems like there were lots of personal or inflammatory posts that were cleaned up. A moderator (and a seasoned one at that) has posted publicly in that thread stating that posts were deleted. You were not singled out.

Remember, debate the issue, not the posters. Keep things civilized and the moderators will have no need to remove posts.

Phases likes this.
  4. tommy_ed

tommy_ed Android Expert
    None

Feb 26, 2010
    as i stated in my OP, i agree things got a little too personal, and if it was brought to my attention, i would have edited the posts.

however, one of the deleted posts was in no way personal, or infracting any rules.

also, i never claimed to be singled out...

5. Kelmar

Kelmar Done by choice
    None

Nov 28, 2009
    Feel free to PM me the post you are referring to and I'll look into it.

Keep in mind however that we are often moving, cleaning, moderating hundreds of posts and we would have the time to respond to each and every moved, cleaned or deleted post. A handful of staff vs thousands of users and posts... Not friendly odds. :)

In response to the thread I think you are referring to, I mentioned that if anyone had concerns to PM me. My door is always open.

Phases likes this.
  6. tommy_ed

tommy_ed Android Expert
    None

Feb 26, 2010
    thanks kelmar, i understand you guys are really busy. maybe im just being selfish! hehe :)

7. SUroot

SUroot Android Expert
    None

May 25, 2010
    UK Technical Lead; Desktop Support
    Riddlesden, West Yorkshire, UK
    It can be hard when having to delete posts en mass to ensure 100% accuracy. Sometimes you have to give the benefit of the doubt. The mods are afteral, only human and mistakes can be made.

I find the moderators a personable bunch but have in the past too had this occur to me. If a moderator accidentally deletes something relevant and you know who it is, pm them and you will find them more than understanding. Iterate your points about the post in a friendly, concise and lucid manor and you will find that everyone here works together to ensure that the correct information is contained within the thread.

Phases likes this.