• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Mods for the Samsung Avant

Thank know you!! I factory reset it and just on case (I had messed a lot with the file system ) I flashed the stock metro rom and then root like you did. After installing twrp I flashed the debloater and it worked there is time awesome. I have no idea why it didn't work before because that's the only file I had flashed that time. But thanks any way its awesome not having to guess which are important.
I think I figured it out. The play store is set by default to auto update apps when connected to WiFi. Any apps you had already updated would still be seen in your app drawer. The original apk file would be gone from /system/app but the updated version(which can then be deleted like a normal downloaded app) would still be present until you uninstall it. Does this make sense to you?

Upvote 0
Hello guys. I noticed the swype function on the keyboard is not working. I got mine to work by following these instructions.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/nex...es-gesture-t2012628/post34605586#post34605586

In post #5 theres a .rar archive that you can download, extract, and copy into system/lib. Be sure to rename libjni_latinime.so in system/lib to libjni_latinime.so.bak before copying the downloaded version. This enables the swype function. Also just in case I downloaded the english dictionary from this page.
http://sourceforge.net/projects/namelessrom/files/romextras/dictionaries/
And installed it to the keyboard.
NOTE: For me if you have AOSP keyboard set as default and you do this procedure, it will force close. Be sure to switch to another keyboard before applying this.

Credits go to whoever made this work at xda

Upvote 0
I flashed the Knox / Carrier IQ remover zip through TWRP recovery but Knox is still showing up in my list on Titanium Backup and I get this message when I do a sysyem check for Carrier IQ . I do have knox frozen in TB ; could this be the problem and is Carrier IQ somehow tied in with Knox ? Any help is greatly appreciated, Thanks !

Attachments

• 1435868538549.jpg
    1435868538549.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 107
Upvote 0
I know I am way late but I finally got this CarrierIQ/ Knox garbage off of my phone thanks to Mastercheif87 for the .zip . I had trouble the first time I tried because I had Knox disabled in Titanium Backup . Apparently the app I was using to detect the Carrier IQ still picks up certain components of it still on the system even if its main files have been removed and it is inactive . I tried another app yesterday after flashing the zip again and it said it was gone while the original app still detected some CIQ components. Thanks again for the easy to use .zip .

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones