• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Moisture Sensor INSISTED the USB Port was wet!

The_Chief

Accept no imitations!
  • Nov 17, 2009
    Manchester, Tennessee
    I know full well it wasn't... but that didn't stop Jeanine from telling me that there was moisture in the USB port. And there was NO WAY I was going to charge it with a cable. I even hit that thing with a blow dryer (low heat, high fan) for 10 minutes: there wasn't a molecule of moisture in it. Yet the alert persisted, and I could only charge wirelessly. I rebooted three times, and even cleared cache & data on the UDB driver.

I was frantic because I had a long drive to make and really wanted to use Waze in my Android Auto... but I couldn't plug the phone in!

Finally, that spark of freaking brilliance (for which I'm famous) ignited and gave me the idea: power off the phone and charge it turned OFF. That way the moisture sensor is off.

It worked! The phone charged to 100%, and I turned it on, still plugged in. That must have knocked that stuck bit loose, because I have had no problem with it since. So if you have that issue happen, you know what to do.

Unless there really IS moisture in the USB port, in which case you want to make sure everything is completely dry before plugging it in.

I could only charge wirelessly - but I was in an area with virtually no cell service, so the phone was throwing power at the radios trying to get any signal. It was consuming battery faster than it could charge! So I had to charge it in airplane mode.

Fortunately the power off charge worked. And she has behaved ever since!

Reactions: lvt
    Upvote 0
    I could only charge wirelessly - but I was in an area with virtually no cell service, so the phone was throwing power at the radios trying to get any signal. It was consuming battery faster than it could charge! So I had to charge it in airplane mode.

Fortunately the power off charge worked. And she has behaved ever since!

Smart move, like people say, every problem has a solution.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones