1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Mom very sick, does anyone know of an app that......

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by goosiekeen, Sep 24, 2011.

1. goosiekeen

goosiekeen Lurker

Hi. I'm not a heavy phone user so I often keep my phone's volume low or off. My mom is seriously ill and sometimes needs to reach me urgently, though not always. I know I can set a ringtone just for her, but I can't change the volume. I know you can turn all sound off but the alarm will keep working, so I'm wondering if anyone knows of an app out there that will regulate volume for different contacts, or have an idea how I can achieve this another way. Aside from getting a pager, I'm not sure what to do. I did find an app that will allow volume for different contacts to remain on when the ringer is set to off, but I'm looking for a way to keep her volume extra loud so I don't miss her call.

Thanks!
    Shanali

2. bandanajack

bandanajack Lurker

if all else fails you can get another phone, a pay per use tracfone type for peanuts & give your mother & any other urgent callers that number, and make sure the volume is on HIGH.

3. klipsch

klipsch Member

4. Evolver

Evolver Newbie

I'm not entirely sure about this, as I have not used the app in a long time, but I believe that the Tasker app should have this ability. You can set it to do different things for different conditions. For example, you can set a condition so that when the incoming call is from your mother you can set the ring volume to high. I'm sorry to hear about your mother and hope she gets better soon.

5. A.Nonymous

A.Nonymous Extreme Android User

Yup. Tasker can do this quite easily.

As a low tech solution, you could simply get a ring tone that's completely dead noise. Set that as your default ring tone. Then give your mom a custom ringtone of your choice.

6. jerofld

jerofld Fixing stuff is not easy

You can also get a Google Voice number and set it for different volumes. But Google Voice completely takes over your text messaging and voicemail settings until you tell it not to.

7. awdcivic

awdcivic Newbie

google voice not a good option cause it uses data not cell service. that can be disabled at times.

8. goosiekeen

goosiekeen Lurker

Thank you, everyone, for the helpful advice. I will try Tasker and Mr. Number. If no good, I'll use a Tracfone. Didn't even think about that.
    Shanali

9. Niteperson

Niteperson Newbie

Bedside allows you to create a whitelist of contacts that can ring through while the app is blocking everyone else. I use it every night.