• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Moment 2.1 Update Thread

is there any reason to upload the official 2.1 if the leaked version i have works fine? are there other things that the official 2.1 has that the leaked doesnt?

what i have now (leaked)

firmware version- 2.1-update 1
baseband version- s:m900.8.OS.DD03
karnal version- 2.6.29
build number- ECLAIR.DD03

Firmware version: 2.1-update 1
Baseband version: S:M900.8.OS.DE03
Kernel version: 2.6.29
Build number: ECLAIR.DE03
Hardware version: M900.8.0

that's what I have for the official 2.1

Upvote 0
On the plus side, after 6.5 hours I still have 80% on the battery, but I'll will go back to the older os and crappy battery if I can't get the other issues fixed :mad:
I can't really tell if my battery life has improved or not with the 2.1 release. Does your's seem to drop from 100% to 90% rather quickly? Mine does, then from there on, slowly goes down by 10% until it's dead, if I let it go that long.

Upvote 0
Firmware version: 2.1-update 1
Baseband version: S:M900.8.OS.DE03
Kernel version: 2.6.29
Build number: ECLAIR.DE03
Hardware version: M900.8.0

that's what I have for the official 2.1

ok thats what i have now that i flashed the "official"

I did notice that inorder to root i needed a new recovery file
the one i used and works really well so far is
SPH-M900_MR2_DE03_REL_1-forcsytos-recovery-3.0.8.tar

and can be found here
Official Android DE03 2.1 with SDX custom recovery and BEYOND!

and i used the same v7 root file

Upvote 0
Kinda weak that I gotta basically hardwire to a pc to get 2.1

relax
"It's so easy, a caveman can do it"

click this link
Support for Moment? (SPH-m900) SAMSUNG

1)click on software, click the exe logo and download Patch(Sprint SPH-M900 (Moment) Upgrade MR2 DE03)
2)run the exe to install the SWUpgrade
3)run SWUpgrade
4)follow the instructions
5)????
6)profit

Reactions: Bella99
Upvote 0
relax

click this link

1)click on software, click the exe logo and download Patch(Sprint SPH-M900 (Moment) Upgrade MR2 DE03)
3)run SWUpgrade
5)????
6)profit

Hasn't been that easy. I have been trying to accomplish this all weekend long, and now my phone doesn't work at all after it said udpate complete. I now have a white screen and it says in red letters at the top, "cannot find jpg or png!"

Now I have a useless phone.

Upvote 0
I installed 2.1 on my Moment. So now if I wanna root, what do I do? Do I have to re-flash??:thinking:

2.1 for me is so far so good.

Thanks
first you must flash this
SPH-M900_MR2_DE03_REL_1-forcsytos-recovery-3.0.8.tar
you can find it here:

Official Android DE03 2.1 with SDX custom recovery and BEYOND!

then once that has been done

put v7 root in the sd card
you can find it here:

Android Files

turn off phone and then boot recovery you just flashed by pressing the volume down, green button, and red button down and the recovery utility will pop up then Select Apply Update .zip from Menu Select joeykrim-SDX-a2.1-root-v7.zip
Apply and Reboot

Reactions: 111
Upvote 0
I have had the power-on problem too. Hope there's a fix coming out soon. I think what happened is that Sprint decided to release DD03 instead of DD10 now so we'd stop complaining. I'm relieved cause it feels really good to have a screen-reader on my phone again. By the way, was thrilled to be able to register here without help. Usually, I have to get help cause of that little image thingie. Sometimes they don't have audio and sometimes the audio feature doesn't work. Okay, shutting up.

Upvote 0
I have been running DE03 since last night. The battery life improvement is a definite plus in addition to the battery running much cooler.

I have had two CDMA locks so far. When it happened the first time, I just rebooted, but the second time I tried a different approach. I actually tuned Wi-Fi on and surfed for a few minutes. I then turned WiFi off and was pleasantly surprised to see the EV arrows come back and take over. Lets see if this is a fool proof method to avoid rebooting the phone when it goes into a CDMA lock.

Upvote 0
Hasn't been that easy. I have been trying to accomplish this all weekend long, and now my phone doesn't work at all after it said udpate complete. I now have a white screen and it says in red letters at the top, "cannot find jpg or png!"

Now I have a useless phone.

either something was wrong with the phone to begin with or you must have done something horribly wrong.

i am not a pro at this i only did this all a week ago.

Upvote 0
relax

click this link

3)run SWUpgrade
5)????
6)profit

Its not that its hard I know how to its the fact my laptop is outa commision right now...

Upvote 0
relax

4u0ti5g.jpg

Upvote 0
I can't really tell if my battery life has improved or not with the 2.1 release. Does your's seem to drop from 100% to 90% rather quickly? Mine does, then from there on, slowly goes down by 10% until it's dead, if I let it go that long.

On Saturday it stayed on 100% for a couple of hours then slowly dropped throughout the day. Today it dropped to 90% in less then an hour. There was no real difference is how I used the phone Saturday vs today. Yesterday the phone was in airplane mode most of the day, so the results are meaningless.

Reactions: ColdStart
Upvote 0
I have a technical question about upgrading to Android 2.1 - both my fiancee and myself have the Moment, and last night we upgraded both phones.

My phone is running like a dream and I am loving the new features. His phone, however has some quirky things going on. The browser crashes whenever you visit Google's homepage - we figured out that you have to disable "find location" to fix that. But he is also having some goofy things going on with his keyboard (the letter "a" won't work!). We upgraded from the same computer - so I am wondering if something with the update didn't import quite right.

My question is this - is it safe for us to reflash the Android 2.1 system to his phone? Do we have to revert it back to factory settings (1.6) before we do that?

Upvote 0
I've updated to 2.1 and have two quick questions. Is there a way to use something other than Nuance to call via wireless bluetooth headsets and if so, what and how? Also, I am getting the double texts from Handscent and the stock text app, how do I make Handscent the default and stop the double texts? Thanks!

I currently use Handcent, and now after my 2.1 update, I can't seem to figure out how to disable the standard messaging system. So now I get double texts again. Can anyone help me out?

Funker, I also would like another option for voice dialing, can't help you there.

As for Handcent, go to the stock messaging app and select>Menu>Settings. Un-check "auto retrieve" and also un-check "notifications". If you get the pop up that when you try to send a text that says something like "Which program would you like to use for this action" check the box on the bottom and select Handcent.

Reactions: abrahan
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones