• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Moment 2 = Intercept

The only good thing I see out of this phone is that Samsung will probably support it (poorly) beyond the Moment. With almost identical (if the rumors are true) hardware, the software builds should be easily adaptable to the Moment. Unless there's some drastic change in hardware or a incredible cheap price, the Intercept is a loser. releasing what appears to be a Moment with improved keyboard, touchwiz and (maybe) 4g in the shadow off the Evo is just plain stupid IMHO.

Upvote 0
BTW, The screen will not be resistive nor lcd. It's looking like it will be the same amoled we have, not the new super amoled. Personally, I have about the same chance off upgrading to a Intercept as I have to a 2000 Moto Razr.

I have to agree. I will continue to wait for my upgrade to try the EVO or the next best thing in November. You have some great remarks by the way Pasta!

Reactions: pastafarian
Upvote 0
The only good thing I see out of this phone is that Samsung will probably support it (poorly) beyond the Moment. With almost identical (if the rumors are true) hardware, the software builds should be easily adaptable to the Moment. Unless there's some drastic change in hardware or a incredible cheap price, the Intercept is a loser. releasing what appears to be a Moment with improved keyboard, touchwiz and (maybe) 4g in the shadow off the Evo is just plain stupid IMHO.

Agreed, I'm due for an upgrade through Sprint any time I want, but I'm waiting till December time frame just cuz I choose to. At that time I'll prob either upgrade to the EVO, unless something amazing comes out.

Upvote 0
If it "features" working GPS and absolutely no CDMA lockup then I may just consider it. Rather than have Sprint replace my phone (yet again) with another "probably won't work" Moment, I'll persuade (bitch and moan actually) them to replace it with a Moment 2. If it's no cost to me then hey why not??

With my luck I'd probably get a pink one. That just figures.
Damn Sprint...
:rolleyes:

Upvote 0
I wish I could calculate how much money Samsung is going to lose from me not buying their products from now on... Would just be neat to know. I mean, they make tvs, radios, washer/dryers, phones, and a ton of other electronics. And I won't be buying any of 'em.

I don't get why people bash all of Samsung's products off 1 part of the market. So their phone sucks, but last time I heard, Samsung had some of the best TV's on the market. I love Samsung. We just got a new washer and dryer not to long ago and they are Samsung. I have 27" CRT TV that is 6 years old and works perfectly fine. Also have a DVD/VCR player that is Samsung and no issues with it either.

Upvote 0
I don't get why people bash all of Samsung's products off 1 part of the market. So their phone sucks, but last time I heard, Samsung had some of the best TV's on the market. I love Samsung. We just got a new washer and dryer not to long ago and they are Samsung. I have 27" CRT TV that is 6 years old and works perfectly fine. Also have a DVD/VCR player that is Samsung and no issues with it either.

The phone sucks because they wouldn't invest proper time and manpower into making it a good product. I know they make good stuff, I've seen/used it. That's what is so infuriating about the Moment: the implication is that we'll just get over it.

For some people I guess that's true, but I can see what this device was capable of and what Samsung allowed it to be. I may come across as a 'hater' or a whiner but I feel like I'm in a minority of people who actually think companies should support their products to the fullest extent in a world that thrives in half-assedness.

Reactions: italygrl1
Upvote 0
The phone sucks because they wouldn't invest proper time and manpower into making it a good product. I know they make good stuff, I've seen/used it. That's what is so infuriating about the Moment: the implication is that we'll just get over it.

For some people I guess that's true, but I can see what this device was capable of and what Samsung allowed it to be. I may come across as a 'hater' or a whiner but I feel like I'm in a minority of people who actually think companies should support their products to the fullest extent in a world that thrives in half-assedness.

I absolutely agree!!

Upvote 0
Same camera and screen size and same mhz..Def wont be upgrading to that.
You have to look at other things though. Like a few here,

1.Battery life. If battery life is better than the Moments, easy winner.
2.Software optimization. If Sprint and Samsung optimize Android correctly on this platform, it should fly!
3.Support. Sprint is listing the Moment as EOL in July. Meaning, no more support for it. Don't have much of a choice there.
4.Android 2.2. The Moment isn't getting 2.2 at all, The Intercept is suppose to get it. 2.2 brings a lot to Android.

Upvote 0
You have to look at other things though. Like a few here,

1.Battery life. If battery life is better than the Moments, easy winner.
2.Software optimization. If Sprint and Samsung optimize Android correctly on this platform, it should fly!
3.Support. Sprint is listing the Moment as EOL in July. Meaning, no more support for it. Don't have much of a choice there.
4.Android 2.2. The Moment isn't getting 2.2 at all, The Intercept is suppose to get it. 2.2 brings a lot to Android.

Got to agree. No way I'm gonna pay a $10/mo 4g fee when there's no 4g in SoCal so I might as well save the extra $240 instead of wasting it on a epic or evo...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones