1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Support Moment has bad USB cable with it?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Jim W, Jan 18, 2010.

1. Jim W

Jim W Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2009
    Long story short, after messing around trying to figure out why my phone would sometimes connect to my computer and sometimes not, I discovered the USB cable that came with the phone was no good. (for data transfer anyway, it always charged the phone) I Google'd this and found a thread from another forum with the same thing. It might not be that wide spread of a problem, but just something to look into if your are having a bit of trouble getting your phone to connect to your computer.

Samsung Momento USB Connection on Gentoo

Advertisement

2. kencrudup

kencrudup Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2009
    Android Hardware Dev
    Los Angeles, CA
    Nah, that's not the problem. The issue is the Linux kernel that ships in CJ05; since upgrading to CL14 I haven't had any issues with USB over several connect/disconnect cycles.

3. Jim W

Jim W Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2009
    Your post made me look into this a bit more and check the cables again.........

It was indeed the cable causing my problem, but what I just discovered was I was using a cable from a charger and not an actual data/charge cable. I assumed they were all the same, but I guess not. :eek:

I am hoping to get down for that upgrade today or tomorrow. I keep reading very good things about it.