• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Moment Issues post 2.1

neutron

Feb 8, 2010
Hello! I've noticed that after the 2.1 update my alarm clock no longer works, no matter what tone I have it set to. I also have vibrate turned on and it still won't go off at the correct time.

Also, my phone is starting to reboot randomly, and it takes longer to boot back up it seems.

My wife's Moment has been doing the same. We both have stock 2.1 with the bloatware removed, recovery ROM, and rooted.

Sounds like you might have removed something from the /system/app/ folder that the alarm clock needs. I removed a bunch of junk as well from mine but my trusty rooster crows every morning at 8 am. Here is my list that i removed

http://androidforums.com/samsung-moment/112896-guide-removing-stock-apps.html

I would start over with the stock DE03 (first to make sure the alarm works correctly and the reboots stop, if not you have bigger issues) and follow the directions in the guide for backing up the /system and /data folders until you narrow down what .apk is the culprit.

Upvote 0
Do task Killers have an effect on the alarm clock? I find that when I set it, it does not always go off. I too use the rooster crow, but some mornings I get up and I never heard it, and there is no missed icon on top. (Good thing I work evenings and just like to get a grasp on the day in the AM)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones