• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Moment keeps sounding off while charging

M

Member70810

The travel charger for my wife's Moment died, so we picked-up a replacement at BestBuy. It's a RocketFish brand harger, listed as compatible with the Samsung Moment.
While it does seem to charge the phone fine, every 3 minutes or so the phone will play its default sound twice in a row. As if it were being disconnected and reconnected to the charger very quickly.

I tried it with my Moment and it does the same thing. I tried disabling the Notifications for SD Cards setting, but that didn't work either.

Anyone have any experience with RocketFish chargers? We could take it back to BestBuy and tell them to stuff it. I loathe paying $30 to the rip-off artists at the Sprint store though...

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones