1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support Moment Questions (P.S. I'm new)

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by toefer, Nov 15, 2009.

1. toefer

toefer Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2009
    Hello,

Just got a Moment yesterday, and so far, so good... or mostly good.

I have a few problems that I scoured the internet for solutions for, but can't figure it out. So I figured I'd ask here.

1) I can't connect my phone to my computer. I'm using an iMac, and when I plug in the phone with the USB cable, nothing happens. I'm running Snow Leopard, and it's up-to-date (I did a System Update just to make sure).

The solution I found through Google searching was to enable the USB Debugging in the Settings --> Applications menu, but that doesn't solve the problem.

I think the problem might be that my computer isn't even recognizing the phone being plugged in. When I run System Profiler on my Mac, there is no sign of the phone being plugged in. For the people who had success with the USB Debugging solution, I think their phone was at least showing up on their computer in Profiler.

Is there something else I can try? Would it be worth re-setting the phone to factory settings, or would that not even do anything? (I'd rather not have to re-transfer all my contacts, if resetting the phone isn't going to help).

2) As part of what I thought was going to solve the problem, I downloaded the MountUSB app from the marketplace, and now I can't get rid of it. Is it permanently stuck on the phone? It doesn't show up when I go into the menu to uninstall apps, and QuickUninstall also doesn't recognize it. I'd rather not keep it on the phone if I'm not even going to us it (and I won't use it, since it doesn't actually solve the mounting issue).

Anyhow, that's all. Hope to learn a ton from the site.

Advertisement

2. toefer

toefer Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2009
    Ok, maybe I shouldn't have rushed to help.

A simple restart of my phone, and it seems to be working now. Not sure why it needed to be restarted, but at least it works, so I can't complain.