1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Moment's got a little Big Brother to it

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Zumaki, Jan 4, 2010.

1. Zumaki

Zumaki Android Enthusiast

I tried to send my friend a text with my Wii friend code in it (a 16-digit number in groups of 4) and all he got was **** **** **** ****

Seems the Moment wants to protect me from texting my credit card info, I guess. Or it hates Nintendo Wiis.

Just thought I'd share.

2. agent0014

agent0014 Android Enthusiast

I wonder if it's the Moment or Sprint in general. I also wonder if it's separator-agnostic. Maybe I'll go steal the bf's phone and see what gets blocked and what doesn't. Too bad we both have Moments, or I could if it's all of Sprint that does it. Or maybe it's even an Android "feature".

3. Zumaki

Zumaki Android Enthusiast

My friend uses Sprint, and when he gave me his code, it didn't censor it. I had to send mine with punctuation to break it up in several places before it would stop turning it to stars.

4. AndroidSPCS

AndroidSPCS Android Expert

Could be your friend's phone.

I just texted from my Moment to my Blackberry, the following text: 4452 2125 1234 5521. It shows up just fine on my Blackberry.

Samsung Moment Forum

The Samsung Moment release date was November 2009. Features and Specs include a 3.2" inch screen, 3MP camera, GB RAM, processor, and 1440mAh battery.

November 2009
Release Date
Reviews