1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root Monetary Offer: whoever can successfully walk me through getting s-off on my device

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by dermo529, Oct 2, 2012.

1. dermo529

dermo529 Newbie
    None

Jan 12, 2012
    This isn't a joke. I'm getting really frustrated with trying to get S-OFF. I've tried ControlBear over 50 times now and still sober. :mad: I'm using the core of an ethernet cable and grounding it out for a split second, counting to 2, then re-grounding and all this time nothing's happening.

I've looked up HBOOT Downgrade but I can't find any freakin' guides on this, and I'd really like to try that at this point. I have a Live CD with Linux on it, it would just take some finagling I would assume to do that. But I can't find the right RUUs. And honestly I've just had enough of this shit.

Will they be an easier way to do this? I'm offering $10 via Paypal (or Virgin Mobile) to any person who can freakin' lead me in the right direction to get S-OFF in the easiest way possible. I'm not a total noob.

PLEASE??? :thinking::thinking::thinking:

Advertisement

2. mrawesome22

mrawesome22 Android Enthusiast
    None

Aug 5, 2012
    Hold it a solid one onethousand, lift, one onethousand.

dermo529 likes this.
  3. dermo529

dermo529 Newbie
    None

Jan 12, 2012
    Ok I got it. I didn't know you had to have the whole thing grounded the whole time the phone reboots, I always let go the second it reboots. It helps to watch video tutorials.

THIS SHOULD BE ADDED TO THE S-OFF GUIDE!!!

4. imabitfighty

imabitfighty Well-Known Member
    None

Sep 16, 2012
    Highland Park
    I had the same problem, had to figure it out myself.

didnt take me 50 tries, more like 3. but still annoying as heck that the directions werent really in one really easy to understand and read place

5. Spritey

Spritey Well-Known Member
    None

Jul 10, 2012
    I just kept the wire on until it told me that I was successfully s-off. I don't know exactly how long you're supposed to keep it on, but that worked for me.

6. trippin

trippin Well-Known Member
    None

Feb 4, 2011
    Male
    Florida
    I wasn't aware you had to tap it twice when I was doing it. Once I reread the instructions I did it twice and it worked fine.

7. Arkainian

Arkainian Newbie
    None

I think I mine went s-off on accident. No idear how i got mine to do it the first time cause i twitch (parkinsins)

8. imabitfighty

imabitfighty Well-Known Member
    None

Sep 16, 2012
    Highland Park
    I really like this guy, he knew that the knowledge and experience of how to s-off the phone was valuable, at least to him since he didnt have it, and he had to put something valuable in return so he offered money. doesnt always have to be money but knowing that you cannot get something for free is the point

its the thought that matters.

too many people nowadays think they are entitled to everyone elses hard work or knowledge for free.

I guess hope isnt lost yet :D

Tags: