1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Tips Money talks >>> how make money on free app?

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by Vector_mac, Mar 23, 2016.

1. Vector_mac

Vector_mac Newbie
    None

Jan 7, 2016
    Male
    Hello

I have a question about making money on android apps. On app store we can find so many pay application and It's easy to now how they make money. The have profits from charges.

In google play we have some pay apps but a lot is for free. Could someone tell me how they make money?

I'm not talking about AdSense, do you now some other examples?

I few months ago I have seen TV program where they talk about date collected from users. Something like cookies, is it possible to make money on it? Unfortunately I just watch that TV program for a few minutes.

From another hand, when I agree to give permission app to see my contact, pictures, GPS, WIFI etc. they can sell it to 3 part company (media houses etc.) ?

May be you now something about it, you now some great articles or books about making money on free apps ? ? ?

Thanks in advance!

Advertisement

2. Thom

Thom  
    VIP Member
    None

Feb 16, 2011
    Male
    Software Developer
    Keene, NH USA
    Some developers ask for a contribution ... and they get it.

Some apps have two flavors .. a free version and an enhanced paid version.

Some developers are ripping people off without their knowledge by extracting information, sending it to their home office (many of them in China), and then selling the information to others.

If your orientation is towards the third group then I think you will find Android Forums will not be much help to you.

... Thom

soniabray, AZgl1500 and mikedt like this.
  3. Vector_mac

Vector_mac Newbie
    None

Jan 7, 2016
    Male
    hmmm but is it a normal thing? when I ask for some permission to my users, they agree with that and in next I sell these data to other companies? I always have curiosity of that when I install app with whole list of permission (usually when I see to many authority I don't install it).

I understand some kind of app need permission to some part of my date (without it they will not work fine) but in many cases I see too many authority?

Do you have some lecture about it? :) Is it against the law?

4. Thom

Thom  
    VIP Member
    None

Feb 16, 2011
    Male
    Software Developer
    Keene, NH USA
    There is no way to quantify how many.

It comes down to how you were brought up. My Father taught me "there are two kinds of adult males ... men and liars".

If someone who is ripping off information for resale put that in the description of their app then I would have no problem with it ... they don't and I do.

I don't do games ... and have no opinion on how pervasive it is there. Away from games and un-root-ed the biggest abusers are Cheetah Mobile and just about every browser coming from China.

... Thom

vosg and mikedt like this.
  5. AZgl1500

AZgl1500 Extreme Android User
    None

Feb 3, 2011
    Male
    Retired and loving it.
    Oklahoma grasslands
    I also will not touch any game, they are all Data Ripoffs.... they steal the user's data and sell it to jerks who want to get your bank account...

If you are inclined to want to look at a user's data for your own profit, then goodbye, I have no interest in your name, and will block it from view.

Adverts that appear on the bottom of an app?
    each time it is clicked, a few pennys is sent to the developer of that app.... the process is involved, and I don't know the chain of how it gets there......

6. Vector_mac

Vector_mac Newbie
    None

Jan 7, 2016
    Male
    I'm not talking about "they steal the user's data and sell it to jerks who want to get your bank account...".

I'm talking about legal data sales, I just would like to now is it legal. For instant data going about user habits - some shopping preferences etc

NOT BAN ACCOUNT LOGINS AND PASSWORD etc. <LOL>