1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Monitoring Battery Usage

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by DrJim, Feb 8, 2011.

1. DrJim

DrJim Newbie

I know there's somewhere in settings that lets me see what apps are using the battery. I found it before but now I've looked all over but can't find it.

Recently I'm going through the battery much faster and am wondering if some new app is doing it.

I feel dumb, but can someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks,

Jim

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Bankswood

Bankswood Android Expert

DrJim, I'm rooted and running a custom rom so I can't help find that item. However there is a free app in AppBrain called Mini Info. It gives you control of many things (to much to cover here) including battery usage.

dit: Found it. Settings>About Phone>Battery Usage.

Still like Mini Info

3. Deleted User

Deleted User Guest

Hey there, go to settings-->about phone--> and Battery usage should be in there.
    In regards to maintaining battery if you're determined to save battery make sure you're doing all the basics correctly, lowest screen brightness, turn off GPS when you are not using it, keep bluetooth turned off again unless you are using it, keep wifi off unless its being used, use reasonable intervals in apps that update themselves.

4. colchiro

colchiro Extreme Android User

Try installing Watchdog. If you have an app abusing your cpu, it'll let you know.

Hrethgir likes this.
  5. CharlesLewis

CharlesLewis Android Enthusiast

I use mine as a Kindle app, and as a happily retired school teacher, read several hours a day. I just got two extra batteries and a charger for around $25 and now I just replace the battery late afternoon / early evening most days.

6. Hrethgir

Hrethgir Android Expert

Cool, installing that one now! I was having an issue over the last couple of weeks where my phone was rebooting like crazy! I went from loving it to wanting to throw it out the window of my car, it was so frustrating! I think I had an app gone wild, and it has been fixed with an update, but I'd rather be able to see what was going on instead of updating all my apps from the market every day and hope that whatever the problem was would magically get fixed! It happened, but I'd rather be able to be more proactive, and this app might help me with that.

7. Hrethgir

Hrethgir Android Expert

Hey, it helped! Looked like Flickie Wallpapers was sometimes running and eating up the whole CPU until it crashed and rebooted. Which is weird, since I don't even use any wallpapers from it. So I deleted it and my phone seems to be running better now. Hope I found the rogue!

8. colchiro

colchiro Extreme Android User

Motorola Droid X Forum

The Motorola Droid X release date was July 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 512GB RAM, TI OMAP3630 processor, and 1540mAh battery.

July 2010
Release Date
Reviews