• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Monoprice.com alternative?

Thank you to both of you. I found this car charger on Meritline and it's also 1000 mA. From my understanding, that's the rating to look for when seeking the fastest charging car charger. Is that correct?

Yes and no. Depends on how much voltage the phone calls for when charging. Generally these ratings can be high from most manufacturers but anything that's 500mAh and above should function about the same. When you dip below this it starts to matter how accurate the rating is and how good the manufacturer is. I personally wouldn't pay more for anything above 500mAh though.

Upvote 0
On the second thought, I think I'll hold off until either Monoprice restocks the one I was originally looking at or I find a good one from another seller. There weren't any ratings for this particular charger on Meritline's website, but there were many complaints on their website for similar products stating that the chargers did not work.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones