1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

monster energy droid?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by skarface08, Jan 17, 2010.

1. skarface08

skarface08 Newbie

Jan 15, 2010
    millionaire
    wonderland
    Ive Sketched a monster logo on the back of my blackberry with a dremel, but im wondering if I should do it to my droid?!?![​IMG]:D
    I dont know if I should!

Advertisement

2. Neverendingxsin

Nov 30, 2009
    personally i would NOT do that, only because i think it would ruin the overall look of the Droid.

But if you did decide to do it i'd only do it on the battery cover, that way if you change your mind just buy a new cover

3. skarface08

skarface08 Newbie

Jan 15, 2010
    millionaire
    wonderland
    ye thats true I can always get a new battery cover!

4. Legacystar

Legacystar Android Enthusiast

Nov 10, 2009
    there is some coating over the metal so idk how well etching into it will work. feel free to post pics though

5. Kirch21

Kirch21 Android Enthusiast

Dec 9, 2009
    wow haha yea idk how it will work with the plasticy covering, might even give it a cooler effect! good luck

6. Needsdecaf

Needsdecaf Android Expert

Nov 6, 2009
    Northern VA
    Nice dremel work. But putting a corporate logo on your phone? Err, not for me.

7. OZFive

OZFive Member

Nov 16, 2009
  8. I like the logo on the storm. As everyone pointed out there is some kind of rubber coating on the back of the droids battery cover. I think you will find it impossible to etch on this. I may be wrong, let us know how it went!

9. square

square Android Enthusiast

Nov 21, 2009
    you like monster that much?

10. GtRacerH

GtRacerH Member

Nov 23, 2009
    maybe the kid's nickname is "monster" and he identifies with that logo.

Kid, feel free to do whatever the heck you want with your phone. If you wanna scribe/etch that logo into the screen, or anywhere else..go right ahead. It's your phone. Most people will probably tell you it isn't a good idea but, to each his own.

11. GrandMasterB

GrandMasterB Go Go Gadget Flow!

Nov 6, 2009
    Male
    Yewwtah!
    I love to see people customizing their devices. Its always refreshing and I thought the Storm actually looked pretty good. But I am gonna agree with OZ on this one and say use a vinyl decal this time around. Thats a really good idea compared to the dremel IMO.

12. I say tear it up man. I tore my old blackberry curve down and painted it flat black. Had the trackball and everything completely blacked out. I havent done anything with my droid, mainly because it looks sweet as it is. Anyways, I say carve it up!