1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Montblanc Summit 3 Watch!

Discussion in 'Wear Os' started by The_Chief, Jun 22, 2022.

1. The_Chief

The_Chief Accept no imitations!
    VIP Member Thread Starter

Hooray! The long-awaited successor to the Summit 2 series will be available starting July 15th!

Montblanc's timeless design couples with the latest technology: a 42mm sapphire face; Qualcomm Snapdragon Wear 4100+ processor; Wear OS 3.x, rotating crown and two customizable buttons will make it the perfect companion for any Android or iOS phone.

I've owned my Summit 2 since it was released, and it has been, hands-down, the BEST smartwatch I've ever worn. It allows me to see notifications, respond to messages, and check my calendar - reducing my need to whip out my phone at least 60%.

Now I just need to sell lots of books and get the money together for it

:D

codesplice, Hadron, mikedt and 2 others like this.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. olbriar

olbriar  

I couldn't help but take note that it comes with a substantial price tag.
    I hope that you love it and share all to coolness about it with us.

ocnbrze and mikedt like this.
  3. mikedt

mikedt 你好

Does it have a heart rate monitor in it?

I won't be buying a Montblanc Summit, but following advice from my cardiologist after my angioplasty, I'm now using a Huawei Band 4. https://consumer.huawei.com/cn/wearables/band4/
    I never really got into smart-watches. mainly because Wear OS around here is locked to Baidu, and not Google.

#3 mikedt, Jun 22, 2022
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2022
    ocnbrze likes this.
  4. olbriar

olbriar  

My Sammy Watch3 does heart rate. Blood pressure requires joining a study group in the US. Don't know about China.

mikedt and ocnbrze like this.
  5. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

mikedt likes this.
  6. mikedt

mikedt 你好

I've already got an electronic sphygmomanometer, which I use three times a day(doctor's recommendation). But the Huawei Band 4 I've got does pedometer, heart rate, blood oxygen level, sleep monitor, messages and notifications, music control, weather, and contactless payments via AliPay.

#6 mikedt, Jun 23, 2022
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2022
    olbriar likes this.
  7. Hadron

Hadron Smoke me a kipper...
    VIP Member

From the look of the sensor cluster on the back I'm pretty confident it has a heart rate monitor (also the Summit 2 has one).

[​IMG]
    This cleaner watch face is more my style than some of the other options.

I do have a basic smart watch, but I use it for health monitoring and notifications - for time I prefer to use an actual watch.

This does look nice, but for me the problem is that I regard a smart watch as a "good for a few years" device, which makes the value proposition of a high-end one more difficult. Of course many people here spend more than that on a phone and churn those faster, so I don't see any problem with it. I think it's just that this feels more like an actual watch to me, and I always expect those to last me for decades, which leaves me a bit conflicted.

(Plus 42mm is slightly large for me - I prefer 35-40mm. There, that saves me some money! ;))

8. Bearsyzf

Bearsyzf Android Expert

For the price of that watch, you might as well buy another phone :thinking:

mikedt and ocnbrze like this.
  9. The_Chief

Well, the Fold 4 will be released in August! If I'm gonna set up a new Montblanc watch, it may as well be with a new Fold... I guess I'll just sell my red McLaren F1... nobody really needs three, anyway...

:D

#9 The_Chief, Jun 26, 2022 at 5:50 PM
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2022 at 6:17 PM
    olbriar and mikedt like this.
  10. The_Chief