• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Moon+ reader brightness issue

I'm really liking Moon+ Reader, but I'm having an issue: I can't seem to adjust the brightness. The slider moves, but the screen stays the same. Has anyone else experienced this?

HTC Incredible 2, 2.3.4.

Thanks!
That's odd. You can also set it so that dragging your finger along whichever screen edge you prefer will adjust the brightness - does that work for you?

Upvote 0
I also have an annoying brightness issue with moon reader. The pages are so dark I cannot read them. No amount of sliding the screen edges changes anything. I read about tapping the centre of the page and tapping the cog but there is no cog when I tap the centre of the page - I simply get "My shelf". The four stacked little square dots top right gives me lots of options none of which relate to screen brightness. If I go to a page of a book no amount of tapping centre, sliding sides makes any difference but if I exit the reader all is normal!

Upvote 0
I encountered this problem too and after awhile I figured it out. The moment you open a book in Moon reader the screen becomes very bright and theres no option or slider showing to control the brightness but the controls are not visible after all. While reading a book On the center left side part of the screen drag it down a couple of times until the brightness control activates lowering the screens brightness then you can choose the best brightness option for your suitability.
There another option that i also love. While reading an ebook. Press the option key, a reading options will appear on the bottom part of the screen. Press the icon with a circle half black and white. It reverts the color white to black leaving the text white. It becomes almost perfect reading at night.
Ive tried several ebook apps and this Moon reader is the best among the rest.

Upvote 0
...but why do developers have to implement features like this SOO NON-INTUITIVELY?!? never mind:

The key to getting to the intuitive menues in Moon+ on Samsung devices with only a home button is to tap the very center of the screen lightly while reading a book.

Here is my FAQ for the Moon+ reader, to help newbies older than 25:

) How do I change the frikkin screen brightness?

1. While reading a book, tap the very *center* of the screen, *lightly*
2. Tap the three vertical dots in the upper right corner of the screen
3. Tap More Operations...
4. Tap Brightness. Voila! at last, scroll bars you can tap (not drag) to change the screen brightness.

) How do I quickly jump to another chapter?

2. Tap the three dot / three dash icon at the very bottom right corner of the screen, OR:

a. Tap the three vertical dots in the upper right corner of the screen
b. Tap More Operations...
c. Tap Chapters in Book.

Either operation brings up the Chapters Dialog Box.

) How do I change pages really really quick?

1. While reading a book, tap the very *center* of the screen, *lightly*. A scroll bar will appear at the bottom of the screen.

) How do I get to all the options that Moon+ supposedly has?

2. Tap the three vertical dots in the upper right corner of the screen

) I've edited a PDF and re-imported it back into Moon+, but it doesn't show on the shelf. How can I get the shelf to update?

You can't. You have to empty the shelf and re-import everything. Even for just one book. That's why Moon+ doesn't really perform well beyond about 30 books or so in the shelf, unless you don't do PDF editing.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones