1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Moonshine s-off for k2_cl [BOOST]

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by jonmspaz, Jun 29, 2013.

1. jonmspaz

jonmspaz Newbie

Here is wetbiker's well typed out instructions, it is the same way I got it to work for me. Figured I would update the original post so it is easier to find.

Download the appropriate moonshine for jb or ics.

Make sure you have removed HTC sync from your computer. Also, make sure USB debugging is enabled in developer settings on your phone.

If you have HTC sync, make sure that you reboot the pc and the phone so that everything is reset and the files are completely removed from the pc.

Unzip the Moonshine zip that you downloaded and place it in a folder. With your phone fully booted, plug in USB and connect to pc. Click on the distiller and follow the prompts. Also, make sure you have a good charge on your phone because it'll take it between 5 and 10 minutes.

Also, if you are running a custom kernel, you will need to reinstall it after you have finished with Moonshine.

Edit: disable anti-virus and run the distiller as administrator.

Hope this helps.

Download link:http://moonshine.io/moonshine-downloads/

htcphan, wetbiker7, wyelkins and 3 others like this.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. jonmspaz

jonmspaz Newbie

i went ahead and gave it a shot, success. first try it got stuck, closed distiller, then ran it again, no hickups finnished in 5 minutes

Mikessv, irishobo and CheeseToast like this.
  3. CheeseToast

CheeseToast Newbie

You running ICS or JB

4. jonmspaz

jonmspaz Newbie

5. jonmspaz

jonmspaz Newbie

i'm guessing it has to be done while running ICS, i just upgraded to JB and cannot find the firmware version to see if it matches what is required.

6. supersayan4

supersayan4 Newbie

when finished installing I notice that happens

7. irishobo

irishobo Android Enthusiast

Mine gets to test 3 rebooting into boot loader (again)
    Awaiting for fast boot (6/120)
    Then starts
    And just keeps ...........
    And never finishes. What happens when your guys finishes? What mods and kernel do you guys have?

8. supersayan4

supersayan4 Newbie

does not work just stays loading and says Error

9. ironhide602

ironhide602 Member

reboot phone and pc to completely refresh adb. make sure your phone is seen by pc "adb devices" disable AV and start moonshine with phone booted. run as admin also

wyelkins and irishobo like this.
  10. CheeseToast

CheeseToast Newbie

Same here can't get it to work.

11. irishobo

+1 on this. Rebooting fixed my problem because I had to uninstall HTC Sync and didn't reboot after that. That was my problem all along.

12. irishobo

Hey guys FYI...don't forget to fast boot your custom kernel of choice afterwards. You should only have to do fastboot flash boot boot.img

13. Deleted User

Deleted User Guest

You don't have to fastboot anymore. Kernels can now be flashed in recovery.

wyelkins, wetbiker7 and irishobo like this.
  14. irishobo

It is a beautiful thing!

15. WhosPush

WhosPush Member

in dire need of help downgradeing back to ics from shins jb rom , im trying to get back to jmstaylors rom but my computer dosent want to recongize my phone in fastboot

16. wetbiker7

wetbiker7 Extreme Android User

Nice work Simon.

17. Deleted User

Deleted User Guest

Disable everything if your in Linux use a root shell (sudo) then fastboot flash boot stockboot.img from downloads.codefi.re/simon/k2cl/ then go to recovery and install your ics backup (I know you were informed enough to make a nandroid since going to an experimental rom, right?) and you will then run the distiller. Takes 5 minutes from there one caviat be sure that you are fully charged

18. WhosPush

WhosPush Member

i know all of that , im on windows though , fastboot dosent wanna reconnize my phone , ive tried changing driver , and cables nothng works

19. shinru2004

shinru2004 Android Expert
    Recognized Developer

i made a backup before flashing my device to my jellybean port. Always make a backup.... I will upload my backup of ICS for you if you like. As for the S-off worked flawlessly the first time says im S-off but shouldnt cid be 111111 and not spcs_003

20. wetbiker7

Never Mind! I went ahead and went balls to the wall and figured it out myself. S-Off on the 1st try. Easy as could be. :D

21. eatthesheep

eatthesheep Newbie

Anyone know if this is dependent on stock kernel? Running shinru's angry walrus.

22. wetbiker7

Run it and then flash your kernel of choice. I ran it and flashed Simon's Sickle Kernel. Running flawlessly! ;)

Edit, I was running the Sickle Kernel when I ran the distiller too. Irishhobo made a post earlier stating that the kernel of choice needed to be re-flashed afterwards.

23. eatthesheep

eatthesheep Newbie

Lol, that would explain why WiFi is no longer working. Reflashing now. S-off successful with angry walrus.

24. supersayan4

supersayan4 Newbie

does not work just stays loading design an hour and a mistake

25. supersayan4

supersayan4 Newbie

I need help to make it S-OFF

HTC One SV Forum

The HTC One SV release date was January 2013. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1GB RAM, Snapdragon S4 Plus processor, and 1800mAh battery.

January 2013
Release Date
Reviews