• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

More ATR sub forums needed!

ironass

Extreme Android User
Aug 17, 2010
Cotswolds, England
I think you are going to need a lot more All Things Root forums for the Samsung Galaxy S5. ;)

Here are the S5 model versions...

Samsung SM-G900F/SM-G900H - for Europe
Samsung SM-G900I - for Asia
Samsung SM-G900K/G900L/G900S - for Korea
Samsung SM-G900M - for Vodafone
Samsung SM-G900A - for AT&T
Samsung SM-G900T - for T-Mobile
Samsung SM-G900V - for Verizon
Samsung SM-G900R4 - for US Cellular
Samsung SM-G900P - for Sprint

Source and spec's.

Ironass, do you expect rooting to be different for the European vs. Vodafone models?

Can that be one section?

We don't see a lot of demand for Asian or Korean rooters, probably due to PC language differences.

Sorry about the delay in replying EarlyMon...

Personally, I would split the ATR forums as International =

Samsung SM-G900F/SM-G900H - for Europe
Samsung SM-G900I - for Asia
Samsung SM-G900K/G900L/G900S - for Korea
Samsung SM-G900M - for Vodafone

I believe that these will all be roughly the same as the S4 for rooting and as you say, we don't get a lot of Asian and Korean users. Maybe minor kernel differences. I feel that the Vodafone model will be more cosmetic than firmware driven.

As for the U.S. variants...

Samsung SM-G900A - for AT&T
Samsung SM-G900T - for T-Mobile
Samsung SM-G900V - for Verizon
Samsung SM-G900R4 - for US Cellular
Samsung SM-G900P - for Sprint

You will no doubt wish to split them all up but, IMHO, I could easily write up one Rooting - Dummies Guide to encompass all of them.

Upvote 0
I think the reason for different atr sections is for the installibles (roms / kernels / basebands) not being cross compatible and people would end up bricking devices.

Oh, right, like not putting the Galaxy S4 quad core, GT-i9505, and octa core, GT-i9500, in the same ATR forum because their Kernels, Firmwares, ROMs and Basebands are totally different. :)

Pull the other one, it's got bells on! ;)

Reactions: Unforgiven
Upvote 0
Hey we're not perfect and make our best guesses when they come out. :p

The confusion from last time was the reason I asked.

I did work with scotty85 on the idea of a general HTC One rooting forum and others were looking into trying that for the SGS4. I got overcome by other events and we didn't kick that off.

Are you getting the SGS5? Would you be willing to head up a generic ATR forum for it if we made one?

Upvote 0
Hey we're not perfect and make our best guesses when they come out. :p

I know you do lads and it's all sorted out now with a nice colour, (color), coded rooting guide. See what happens if you allow me crayons! :)

The confusion from last time was the reason I asked.

I did work with scotty85 on the idea of a general HTC One rooting forum and others were looking into trying that for the SGS4. I got overcome by other events and we didn't kick that off.

Trust me, I do appreciate that it can't be easy making these descisions prior to launch.

Are you getting the SGS5? Would you be willing to head up a generic ATR forum for it if we made one?

No. Thank you for the offer though but I'm skipping the S5 as it is just not that different from the S4 for me to warrant breaking my 2 year contract. I found the same thing with the S3 funnily enough. Will spend some time enjoying the S4 before throwing myself into, say, an S6... Tizen! :D

Reactions: EarlyMon
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones