1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support MORE battery issues

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by missys, Jun 10, 2011.

1. missys

missys Lurker
    None

Jun 10, 2011
    Hi all,
    Just joined because I've been "googling" most of the morning trying to figure out some new battery issues with my phone.

I know that the Epic is a real drainer, and it sounds like some people are experiencing their batteries getting really hot!

Yesterday I ended up taking my battery out of my phone because it was like volcanic hot and my battery indicator was completly red and my phone locked up completly! When I took my battery out, basically to try and cool it down, I noticed that my battery had the "red line" indicator... like when a phone gets wet, the battery strip turns red??

But my phone has never gotten wet in any capacity so I don't know if this is a heat issue or if the indicator on the actual physical battery was always red and I just didn't know it.

Can someone check their battery and see if it's red? I'm wondering if this is an issue that has arose from the way my phone has been heating up so bad. I think the battery may be junk, because it's just dying faster and faster by the day. Seriously today it died by 11 AM... charged all night.

Thanks very much for any help!:rolleyes:

Advertisement

2. ZiggSVO

ZiggSVO Well-Known Member
    None

Mar 30, 2011
    Checked the battery on my epic and the spare I carry and both indicators are still white and my phone has gotten to the point of shutting down because it was running to hot also. So not sure what could of caused yours to change?
    How long have you had your phone?
    I would probably get a new battery :p
    What are you thoughts on rooting?
    There are some great ROMs out there that have gotten people a couple days of use on one charge :p
    Depending on usage though ymmv :p