1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

More cute than clever today

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Deleted User, May 26, 2011.

1. Deleted User

Deleted User Guest

So I'm installing clockwork mod (internal version) and in step 2 my PC prompts me to either overwrite or "save both" when I unzip the file to my tablet (K:\). Since I've not copied or backed up either Recovery or Update.zip I choose keep both and they are renamed Recovery(2) and Update(2).zip. [cute moment #1] At step 7 I can't get into CWM after many attempts and 30 min of searching threads for advice. Without anything sensible applying to my situation I deleted the new folder and file and re-renamed the originals back [cute moment #2]. Figuring I may have messed something up I decided to do the reset to defaults (assuming it would be the stock default using the power/volume+) and now I see the CWM screen...hmmm. I knew I didn't have time to finish the process at this point so I left CWM. On the home screen I now have an alert that an update is available (1.1-3588). knowing I've already installed something like this 2 weeks ago when I first got the thing, I searched to see if this was an even newer version that just coincidentally became available. Not seeing any alerts here or on XDA I assumed it was the same and tried to install it. I'm now in a loop of "download-install-apply-full screen image of android guy and ! (see image below)-reboot-update not successful". Can somebody tell me just how cute I am and get me back to being smart and fix this mess?
    https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/GdyIAmt71m9vqIiVWQ2O7jqALcJk6MyxwtI9KI3DG3o?feat=directlink

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. xmr405o

xmr405o Android Expert

I think I know what's causing your issues.

You said that clockwork installed even after you did a factory reset? But after you did the factory reset, your gtab prompted you that an update was ready for download. And I assume you said yes. When you did that, the update that you downloaded is looking for the stock recovery which you don't have. I think that would explain why you got the error message. If that update didn't mess up your access to clockwork mod, you should be able to just install a custom rom. So try hitting Power volume + and see if you can get into CW. If you can, pick a ROM and follow the instructions in the root thread.

and yes, you are toooo cute. :)

Deleted User likes this.