• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

More FroYo 2.2 Issues

Hey all...despite the fact that I posted a successful froyo upgrade on my moto droid this morning, I've realized that I was very wrong. I had to pull the battery out the phone after the 2.2 installation was complete because the screen was not responsive:

-The phone is unstable, sometimes loading widgets, and other times not
-The physical home button is not functioning consistently
-The phone freezes on screens at time and I lose control and functionality of the touch screen
-During phone calls, the touch screen will become unresponsive after I pull the phone away from my face, go black, and despite audio still continuing, the screen will no longer function

If any of you have had these issues, advice would be greatly appreciated...I've tried pulling the battery out a few times (after each new problem) to reset, as well as a Shift+Ctrl+Del reset...and nothing seems to be working correctly.

Edit: During each boot of the phone, the phone does NOT get stuck on the M or Droid "eye" screen. It gets to at least the lock screen every time.

Edit #2: Fixed the issues after attempting to reinstall the patch (force it). It started out just as choppy, however the phone smoothed out and is now a speed demon with no errors.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones