1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General More memory space on kyocera

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by jSavvy1641, Mar 26, 2014.

1. jSavvy1641

jSavvy1641 Member
    None

Aug 16, 2012
    Male
    New Rochelle NY
    Hello guys. Im new here to this section of the android fourms. i originally owned a samsung galaxy prevail and was on the "prevail all things root fourms for about 2 years", i recently upgraded to the kyocera edge and had this phone for about 3 full months. i came to ask a particular question on how to free up more space on my phone to improve its memory. i have approximately 360 songs on my phone and about 34 photos or so on it which i know can take up space. I noticed space improvement when i swiched my storage to internal (phone storage) and that kept it very spacious for a while until now which it works some what slow based on apps like instagram and other social media. My kyocera is not rooted but i wouldn't mind if i had to. Is there anyway i could free up some space on my phone so it could be more useful, Thanks in advance. :thinking:

Advertisement

2. Rukbat

Rukbat Android Expert
    None

Jan 16, 2012
    Male
    Being retired and writing Tasker tasks.
    Fayetteville, NC, USA
    Keep all your media files on your external SD card - that'll give you the maximum free internal space (which you need for your apps).

3. jSavvy1641

jSavvy1641 Member
    None

Aug 16, 2012
    Male
    New Rochelle NY
    Thank you this was very helpful

4. hopedpocketts

hopedpocketts Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2011
    Male
    NONE
    south west florida
    if you are rooted look in the original hydro forums, and look for safe to remove aps. i removed all boost apps with out any ill effects, use titanium backup freeze then uninstall and reboot. simple.

cheers.